Croatia, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Madagascar, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Montenegro, Morocco, Portugal, Reunion, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka
01/06/2016 - 01/07/2019
Hello ! I am a French girl traveling, freelancing and volunteering around the world.
I am friendly, open minded, fun, easy to live/ work with and very reliable. I can do pretty much everything regarding help/volunteer and I am always happy to meet new people.
More about myself :
In June 2016, I decided to quit my job to pursue my dream : Travel the world while volunteering.
I started working on a big personal project for girl's education in South East Asia called "Filles Du Mekong" (Daughters of the Mekong).
For 10 months, in 5 different countries, I joined NGO and local communities that promote free education for everyone, and volunteer for them in order to send young girls to school so they can have a better future.
I have been doing several Workaway projects related to teaching in Myanmar, Karen State, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos (see below "teaching related volunteering projects" for more information about the project I took part in 2016-2017).
Not only travelling but also volunteering has always be an important part in my life. I have been volunteering for UNICEF in France to raise funds, I went to Vietnam to help restore a school and teach english to local kids, and during the Fukushima disaster in Japan in 2011, I went to the Fukushima prefecture to join a team of national volunteers to help the people that moved from the powerplant zone and take care of the children.
Now I am teaching French online while travelling since January 2017, which is the way I am paying from my travel expense, so I can dedicate half of my time volunteering for free in NGO around the world, and sometimes reinvesting some of the money into the projects I am joining.
My mother tongue is French, but I am fluent in English and Japanese, I also understand Spanish and Italian, and currently learning Brazilian Portuguese !
If you feel like we could get along and I could help you with your projects don't hesitate to contact me !
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
WORKAWAY JOBS I did previously :
- - - EUROPE - - - Summer 2016 (Hospitality related Workaway Jobs)
- PORTUGAL, Hostel in Porto : I helped run the hostel, the reception, welcome guests, cleaning, preparing breakfast, ...
- ITALY, Bed and Breakfast in La Spezia : I manage the B&B with the owner, welcome guests, cleaning, preparing breakfast, ...
- SPAIN, Guest house in Nerja : Took care of the laundry service, making beds, welcome guests, check in and check out, ...
- - - ASIA - - - October 2016 until July 2017 ( Teaching related volunteering projects )
- MYANMAR, Meditation center in Yangon : Helping the monks for the morning alms, english lesson at the village school, taking care of the children, gardening, permaculture project ...
- KAREN STATE, Thai - Burma border : Help building houses made out of mud brick, playing with the kids ...
- THAILAND, "Brainstorm Nongchan" language center in UthaiThani : teaching English to kindergarden kids, primary and elementary children, teenagers and adults.
- THAILAND, "Enfants des Minorités", orphanage in Chiang Rai region : teaching kids every evening, organizing activities during the weekend. Part time teacher at the village's government school.
- VIETNAM, "Circle Time Studio" in Hanoi : co-leading workshops so the kids can learn English through activities and project based learning instead of traditional lessons.
- VIETNAM, "Coins for Change" in Hanoi : teaching english to kids every evening for an NGO that support single mothers in Vietnam
- CAMBODIA, "Cours avec Moi" in Siem Reap : Teaching French to children every evening in a language center.
- LAOS, "SAE LAO project" in Vang Vieng : Sustainable development project with organic farm, restaurant, and English class for local children
But also during my many travels, I have been working in restaurants ( also being a bartender for a cocktail bar in Lausanne, Switzerland for 1 year), taking care of children, teaching many languages and helping renovate house, hotels, schools and temples.
I am also interested in diving and protection of marine life, and I am certified PADI Rescue Diver ( 80 dives so far).
I am pretty handy and a fast learner always happy to learn new stuffs.
French, English, Japanese, some Italian and Spanish. Learning Portuguese
Here is my instagram if you want to have a look at some of my recent travel pictures : melodycherry
And here is the website about my project in south east asia : www.fillesdumekong.com
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any other information !
Special dietary requirements