I'm currently in Seward, Alaska working at a hostel! While here, I've been going on lots of hikes, checking out local thrift stores, and trying all of the coffee shops and bars! So many fun adventures
Hi! My name is Maggie and I am from a small town in Minnesota! Recently, I moved to North Dakota for college where I major in Hospitality and Tourism management with a minor in Business Administration.
In my free time, I love to hang out with my friends and try new things. Being from a small town, you have to be creative with how you have fun. I love going on bike rides, swimming/tubing at the lakes, exploring walking trails, and walking my dog, Maui!
I may not be the best cook, but I can promise you that I make the best cornbread you've ever tried! I'd love to learn more about cooking cultural dishes and I'm always open to trying new foods.
My friends would describe me as adventurous, reliable, and usually the funniest person in the room. Okay, that last part might be how I would describe myself, but you can take my word for it- I'm hilarious.
I'm a great conversationalist, I can talk to anyone with just about any topic! Talk to me about anything!:)
If you'd like to reach out, contact me here or else my instagram is @ maggie_rick !
InterestsMountainBeachNatureWater sportsTeam sportsFitnessYoga / WellnessOutdoor activitiesHikingSustainabilityPetsLanguagesBooksMovies & TVMusicPhotographyCooking & foodCultureHistorySelf development
show moreEvents & social
Skills and knowledge I'd like to share or learn
I'm interested in:Babysitting and creative playHospitality/TourismLanguage practice
More details about your skills
- I have great communication skills! I love talking to and helping people. As a hospitality and tourism major, I have knowledge in hotel management and tourism work.
- I also am working towards a minor in business administration, so I have experience in accounting, economics, management, and advertising!
- I am a very organized person and I am always on time! In the past 2 years of working at my job, I have never once been late.
- I'm a very hard worker and I am always willing to try new things.
- I have experience with waitressing, customer service, bartending, hostessing, and front desk work.
- I have 2 young nephews and a niece, so I have a lot of experience with babysitting. One of my nephews has special needs, so I also have experience caring for kids on the autism spectrum.
- I have a dog and 2 cats at home, so I know how to take care of animals!
- Certified Nurse Assistant, I can help with elderly people and similar care needs
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. You can contact them directly to discuss this.
What else ...
I believe I am a great teacher and also a great student! A special skill that not many people know I have is that I know American Sign Language, and I'd love to teach you some of the basics! I've also been traveling since I was 4 years old with my father who is a marathon runner. I have been on 6/7 continents (Antarctica, I'll see you someday).
Some more information
Special dietary requirements
Before I even left for Alaska, Heather, the owner, provided really helpful information and tips on how to get to Seward, what to bring, and what to expect. Upon arrival in Seward, she personally picked me up from