From: United States
Croatia, Cyprus, France, Ireland, Italy, Morocco, South Africa
11/08/2019 - 04/01/2020
My name is Michael. I'm from New York City. I love travelling, and plan to take an extended trip to various parts of the world beginning summer 2019. I'll start in Europe and after a few months will move on to other continents.
I am really interested in exploring new cultures and experiencing places as a local would. I think volunteering through workaway would be a perfect way to do that.
Some of my interests are cooking, art, organic/sustainable farming, architecture, and yoga.
I'm very hard-working (formerly full-time employed working a corporate job in NYC), and I'd like to take that energy and enthusiasm and help hosts with their projects.
I'm a kind and respectful person. I look forward to helping and being an asset to whomever would be so kind as to host me.
Thanks & hopefully see you soon!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
I could assist in a variety ways:
1. I can give English lessons: English is my native tongue and I hold a business degree from a US university. I would gladly tutor a child or adult.
2. I can help with farm work/gardening: I’ve worked on organic farms in France (vineyards, orchards, olive farms). I can assist with any type of farm work. I’m 6’ and can lift heavy items so can absolutely be helpful in a physical capacity.
3. I play tennis: can be a tennis partner for someone, or give a child/adolescent tennis lessons.
4. I can help with housework/running errands.
5. I practice yoga and meditation. I’m probably not skilled enough to teach classes, but can thrive in that sort of environment.
6. I’m really flexible, and a very fast learner. If you have a task, I’m sure I can pick it up quickly and help you. I love working on projects and assisting people with their goals.
I enjoy chatting with people and getting to know them, learning about new cultures, being active and enjoying life outdoors.
Special dietary requirements