Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam
23/02/2019 - 01/03/2029
Hi beautiful people,
I am Joy, born & raised in France. I'm traveling for a year now in Southeast Asia / India and for an indeterminate period of time. I’ve decided to do a Workaway because I don’t want to travel fast anymore and change place every 3 days. I want to spend time with locals, to get deeper in the culture and know more about the country in which I am. I am highly determined to do something and contribute to a project.
When I do a commitment, I do it for real. Therefore, I will do my best in whatever jobs that need attending too.
I’m looking out to enrich myself helping out in whatever is needed, to surround myself with positive energy and expand my horizons.
Having the opportunity to live with sweet people, in a nice atmosphere close to nature would be a perfect place to work for me.
If my host offers me the opportunity of learning and practicing meditation and your yoga, that would even more perfect ✨.
I wish we will create nice moments together and you will help me immersing myself in another culture.
On this profile, I’m doing my best to describe myself, what I like, what I’ve done.. as much as I can :)
🇫🇷 In France
*️ Born in Paris and raised in the suburbs
*️ High school: Economic and social sciences
*️ University (2y): Marketing methods (e-marketing, project management, economics, negotiation, entrepreneurship, international business, business communication, strategy)
*️ University in the Netherlands 🇳🇱 (1y): Communication (content strategy, event management, global citizenship, project management) and International Business (export policy plan in a group for a Dutch company - cross-cultural skills, export strategy, finances, and logistics)
*️ Receptionist (1y) in different companies: I was also responsible for making the desk procedures in some companies I worked for
Professionally: Focused and organized, I love when tasks are well done. As a receptionist, I’m used to working in perfect autonomy as well as operating as a team. I am also capable to learn fast any task you’ll give me.
🇫🇷 Spare time
*️ Mostly sharing sweet and relaxed moments with my family and my friends
*️ Discover and attend to any kind of interesting events: concerts / musical events, expositions, artistic gathering, festivals (music, party, dancing, singing, lectures, workshops: such a perfect mix!)
*️ Being a volunteer: cultural program for immigrants in an association, occasionally at the “Grands Voisins” (associative place, sustainably oriented, supporting young entrepreneurs, offering emergency accommodations for people in need, organizing music cultural and social events, ...) at the bar, in a shop or during the Fashion Revolution Week
*️ Being creative: recycling and upcycling second-hand clothes (beginner), decorating my own space, singing
*️ Having picnics in parks 🌳
Previous Workaway: waitress in a vegetarian restaurant, dishes, cleaning, volunteer management, social media (Instagram) posts, event receptionist, mud house building, painting.
The things I am capable to do: with a body and a brain, it could be anything 🤗
* General maintenance, housekeeping
* Preparing food, bartending
* Tourism services
* ‘Teaching’ English, French or anything I can teach and share with you (I’m not a teacher but I’ll do my best)
* You can also check what I’ve learned in school :)
I am interested in:
* Fighting against the fast fashion industry and supporting/learning more about slow fashion projects
* Crafts especially when they are handmade and in good conditions (for the artisan and the 🌏)
* Live artistic performances
* Eco-friendly practices
The things I would love to do for and with you:
* Taking part of a meaningful project 💕 such as helping people in need in any way, supporting woman empowerment, education, taking care of animals, participating in an eco-project
* Sharing knowledge/experiences and time with locals, my host, and other workawayers
* Participating in any kind of artistic project
* Furnishing / decorating a place with recycle, second-hand things in a creative way
* Learning about sewing technics/textile, handicrafts products
* Learning how to build shelter, house ... with sustainable materials (preferably)
* Learning how to cook veggie or traditional dishes
* So many other things that I couldn’t stop writing ahah :D
Special dietary requirements