Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Greece, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Montenegro, Morocco, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
09/05/2018 - 31/07/2018
My name is Jess and I'm currently planning a backpacking trip around Southern Europe and possibly Northern Africa. I'm 21 years old and I live in the Canadian prairies. I'm friendly, responsible, and have experience using Workaway.
I hope to work on a variety of different tasks while traveling and am open to anything and everything. I especially love work involving animals of any kind, and I have experience in hostels.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
- I have volunteered at hostels in the Czech Republic, Albanian, Croatia, and Romania doing reception work, daily activities with guests, cooking for groups, taking guests on pub crawls, making beds, cleaning bathrooms and general hostel upkeep.
- I'm a volunteer foster parent at my local humane society and have cared for over 30 cats, most being injured, ill, or babies.
- I have had many jobs in customer service and back home I'm a server and bartender with some kitchen experience as well.
-During high school I volunteered as a peer tutor (grades 9-12) as well as a mentor for 8 and 9 year old children in an after school program.
- I have cared for children in both day care and home settings.
- I have worked on farms cleaning out kennels, feeding animals, helping with newborns etc. Mainly with dogs, goats, and horses.
I am excited to try all kinds of new food, though I eat a vegetarian diet at home.
Special dietary requirements