20/07/2018 - 01/01/2020
We are a lively, adventurous couple from Vancouver, Canada and we're travelling to Australia! A little about us:
I'm Isobel and I've recently graduated from uni with a degree in environment and sustainability. I love ice cream, biking, skiing, hiking, yoga, crossword puzzles, reading and food. Especially food!
And I'm Jonah- I'm currently doing my graduate research at uni for natural resource conservation. I enjoy music (I'm the drummer for a local band in Vancouver), I like too cook, bake cookies and I love to sail (I was the captain of our uni's sailing team).
Together, we would make great volunteers because we are always happy, smiling, and excited about life. We believe in maintaining positivity and appreciating everything that life has to offer. Our goal is to travel as much and as often as possible- all while fully immersing myself in the cultures of each country. And volunteering is a great way to do so!
Fun fact: we met in a German language class at uni. One day, Jonah brought fresh, homemade, chocolate chip cookies and because of those cookies- Isobel was hooked.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- I worked in a hotel doing guest management, housekeeping, front desk, and cleaning.
- Some training with gardening since my mother is an avid gardener and wants to pass-on her green thumb.
- I'm currently working as a waitress (back in Vancouver) so I'm very familiar (and excellent!) with customer service.
- Experience in childcare as I worked as a live-in nanny for one year.
- All the fun computer proficiency skills that coincide with being a uni student and doing internships.
- I worked as a carpenter for a small construction company specializing in spec homes
- In construction I learned a fantastic work ethic, only stopping when the job is complete
- I've been gardening in my family's home garden since I was 2 years old (no exaggeration!)
- I am quite handy with any type of hand or power tool and can handle a shovel better than I handle a beer!
- Currently, I'm a waiter at a restaurant so customer service is also my strong suit
Both of us are fluent in English, Jonah is fluent in French, Isobel can speak some French, and both of us can speak a little German.
25 & 24
Special dietary requirements