18/09/2019 - 09/02/2021
Hi! I'm Gaia. I love travelling and looking around new people and experiences.
I'm openmind, very curious and ready for new challenges!
I'm born in Naples, I've studied in Milan. I lived one year in Australia (thanks workaway!) and after the stop for Covid I hope to travel and share experience more and more.
I like to paint, decorate, renovate spaces, biking, create layout, make handcraft soaps, draw, discover new places, eat fruit and explore local markets everywhere.
I'm graduated in geography and with a 2 years master's degree in graphic design.
Graphic design is not just my work, but also my passion to translate any experience and project in figurative languages. Print design, ebooks, illustrations,map design are some of my skills.
I hope to use my professional skills to travel: do you have an experience to offer?
My great passion is to renovate spaces. I love to design, decorate, build with my hands a friendly place.
The best for me is to do all this recycling, rediscovering techniques and knowledge and having fun together!
I lived a lot of my life with different people, friends, students, travelers. I'm used to adapt myself easily and respectful in new situations and with new people.
Different experiences and interests grow me up with different social skills and studies.
I worked many years as a volunteer for social promotion associations.
I coordinated and managed several social projects. The main speeches were ecology and interaction in multicultural contexts. These activities need a lot of organization and ability in team-building and social working, these helped my personal development a lot, I have often dealt in the organization of different projects: Neighborhood workshops, festivals, social dinners and street food, book presentations: a lot of good vibes, beautiful people, schedules, groups to manage and funny moments!
I like cooking (Italian food manly) chatting and listening music together: I conquer my roommates with Neapolitan fried pizza!
In Naples I worked also in the tourism world, receptioning and accompaning people to know my city and I am even more curious to discover any place in the world.
I want to test myself around the world, to grow and know new people and friends, live new experiences to share
Thanks to workaway:
- 3 months as graphic designer in an amazing shared home for ethical nomads in Melbourne.
- 1 week helping with hosting and gardening in a sustainable farm in Turangi, NZ.
- 1 week helping with gardening and cleaning in a lovely house in Kerikeri, NZ.
- 3 weeks in Victoria Au to create layouts and bookcover and to take care of dogs, horses and other animals in farms.
-1 month in Brisbane like handygirl - a lot of work and friends in hostels
Which experience will be the next?
- Graphic design: Layout design, print design, ebook design, vector drawing, photo editing, organization of graphic projects. Tools: Indesign, photoshop, illustrator.
- Upcycler: handmade, reuse and recycling. I'm an ecologist and I love to experiment with techniques and materials.
- Handygirl: I love painting, working with wood, sewing and drawing. I like decorate and interior design.
- Hospitality (reception, food & beverage, housekeeping, maintenance, management)
- Activism and volunteering. Cooperation, Team building, continuous training.
- homeworking, cooking. I like animals and gardening. (i love cats)
I easily adapt to new situations and I'm used to living with every kind of people.
I'm a cheerful worker, always ready to learn, and ready to solve problems creatively when needed.
I`m motivated and enjoy collaborating with others. Whatever the task, i`m here to help and it would be great to learn new skills.
I would like to improve my english, know new cultures and make new friends!
Special dietary requirements