From: United Kingdom
25/07/2020 - 05/09/2020
My name is Lizzy, I'm 19 and as a dual citizen, I've always had an interest for travel and cultural exchange. When I was fourteen, I moved from the States to Scotland for secondary school. After school I lived in Dublin and Edinburgh and worked in hospitality. I plan to go to university (St Andrews) in September to study sustainable development. I love to be outdoors, whether it's hiking, cycling, rock climbing, swimming or kayaking! Last summer I taught outdoor education, climbing and team-building at a summer camp in Maine. I feel very comfortable around kids of all ages and would appreciate helping in different areas from learning English to finding a love for all things outdoors! I'd thrive in an opportunity to further learn hands-on skills from a Workaway host.
- Great with kids and an excellent teacher. I was an educator at a summer camp in Maine for girls aged 9 – 15 where I taught environmental studies and outdoor activities – coordinating their “leave no trace” program that teaches outdoor ethics and respect for wildlife and biodiversity. I was invited back for future summers.
- Quick learner. This past year I've worked in an upscale bar and restaurant in Edinburgh. I began in December (the busiest month) and gained familiarity with the venue quickly. I follow direction well and can multitask with a positive attitude.
- I'm athletic and quite strong for my size. I have some construction experience, having to redo the camp's overhang on the outdoor climbing wall last summer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. As a summer intern, I updated financial records and wrote an internal newsletter.
- Respondent to animal needs. Have had pets all my life.
- Able to paint, garden and help with general maintenance
- Currently completing my first workaway (housekeeping, childcare, property maintenance) in the South of France
Hobbies include reading, journalling, cycling, hiking, yoga, swimming, kayaking, music, drawing, soccer and photography.
Special dietary requirements