I am currently
For as long as I can remember I have loved volunteering and getting my hands dirty! I’m eager to immerse myself in the cultures and environments that I travel to. I dream of learning to garden and to harvest through permaculture, and to cook an abundance of vegetarian/vegan dishes for the family’s and friends I meet along the way. I’m a very enthusiastic and quick learner with an endless curiosity of the people and plants around me. I am hopeful and happy to offer my assistance to anyone out there that needs me. :-)
InterestsCampingHitchhikingDancingOutdoor activitiesHikingCharity workFarmingGardeningCarpentrySustainabilityAnimalsLanguagesArchitectureArt & designPerforming artsPhotographyCooking & foodVegetarian or veganPolitics / Social justiceCulture
show moreHistorySelf developmentPlant care
Skills and knowledge I'd like to share or learn
I'm interested in:GardeningDIY and building projectsCharity WorkArt ProjectsHelping with Computers/ Internet
Some knowledge of:Eco ProjectsAnimal CareLanguage practiceTeaching
Able to teach about:Babysitting and creative playGeneral MaintenanceCreating/ Cooking family mealsLife at a FarmstayHelping around the houseHospitality/Tourism
More details about your skills
-Experience with children volunteering in after school programs as well as taking care of my nieces and nephews :)
- Multiple years working hard in farm to table restaurants where I have gained food knowledge and an abundance of patience and the importance of attention to detail
- Nearly 10 years working in the hospitality industry, naturally want to take care of others and make them feel comfortable
- Happy to help with any social media outlets
- A dependable, self motivated team player who values all the experiences and skills there are to gain
- I recently volunteered in Puerto Rico for 6 months helping rebuild homes and farms that had been devastated.
- I had the opportunity to help open and maintain a hotel in Vieques, PR for 4 months helping with organic gardening and housekeeping.
- I have been traveling in Colombia for the past 4 months, volunteering in various workaways either teaching English, working on bio construction in mango farms, general construction and learning more about permaculture.
- I love cooking and learning new recipes and have no problem cooking for a large group of guests or volunteers
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. You can contact them directly to discuss this.
What else ...
I love working hard but love joking around and being a goof just as much. Hope we can all take some time to share music together while we share meals and truly bond beyond just a host and volunteer relationship.
Some more information
Special dietary requirements