01/08/2019 - 01/06/2020
LOOKING FOR A HOST FOR APRIL-MAY IN CANADA
>>> 2019/20 I will travel with my Austrian boyfriend Georg (profile attached, see below) together and we are available from August 2019 to June 2020, open to any ideas, any countries >>>
I'm Anni, a 23 -year old Finnish student (Education & English). Spring 2019 I finished my 3rd year in University and I’m taking a year off to travel, volunteer, work & learn. My native language is Finnish, I speak fluently English and I know basics in German and Swedish.
I enjoy learning new skills, but here are some of the things I have been doing so far…
1. Working with children (teaching, baby-sitting, aupairing). I’m a future teacher and I have already gained teaching experience from practices and part-time work in schools. I have also volunteered in a family with 6 children where my main job was to take care of the kids (1-11year olds).
2. Animals. We have had dogs in my family since I was little and I’ve done volunteering in a farm in Portugal (horses, chicken, goats & dogs), dog & cat rescuehome in Bangkok and on a huskyfarm in Finland. I’m also familiar with cows since my uncle used to have cattlefarm.
3. Hostels, guesthouses, camps. I have taken care of receptions, doing check ins & outs, cleaning the rooms, helping customers etc.
4. Gardening, farming. I have been packing & picking strawberries at my grandparents farm every summer since I was 14. I have also done weeding, planting, clearing terraces etc. during our travelling.
5. Restaurant. Waitressing, cooking & cleaning. I worked almost 4 years during high school and University in a fast food restaurant as a part-timer and I have to say that it wasn’t the most pleasant work all the time but it did teach me a lot.
6. Wood chopping, sailing, building goathouse, stonepatio etc. I like working in different projects.
7. Crafts. I’m not the most talented one but I do like to paint things, decorate places and do DIY projects!
This year I did my PADI open water diver certificate and I have also been learning how to surf. I enjoy nature and outdoor jobs and I try to workout often and do yoga regularly. I enjoy cooking and learning new receipts.
Strong experience from customer service (McDonalds, R-kioski, Hyvät Lehdet Oy), organized, teaching experience (from Austria & Finland), babysitting, cooking, Finnish hygienecard, a car license, good with animals & volunteer working with youth..
Special dietary requirements