From: United States
16/05/2019 - 20/11/2019
Hello! We are Varun & Abi, a newly married couple who love to laugh and grow together. We're from different parts of the United States, but we met on a competitive dance team in 2012 and have been in love ever since. For the past 2.5 years, we had been living and working in New York City. One of our favorite things about New York was joining a food co-operative (a non-profit grocery store), where we volunteered our time every few weeks. In mid-May (just a month ago!), we quit our jobs, and since then, we have embarked on an adventure for the remainder of 2019!
We are a loving and adventurous duo who are seeking opportunities to learn, grow, build, and contribute to communities, gardens, eco-living spaces and the like in beautiful spaces all around the world.
Varun is a former high school teacher, and has worked with education technology companies for the past 7 years. Abi is a former engineer who now works on the business/product side for companies making internal tech tools.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
1. GARDENING: We recently completed a WorkAway at a permaculture farm - doing everything from digging trenches to planting trees and painting. Our host called us natural gardeners! We loved it, and are eager to contribute to gardens, eco-reserves, farms, and generally anything connected to living things.
2. BUILDING: We know our way around a toolset, an are really good at assembling IKEA furniture, so we hope that can translate into building actual stuff.
3. COOKING: We also both enjoy cooking! We cook and host for groups of friends regularly at our home. We prefer cooking vegetarian food.
4. TECH: We're both very tech-savvy people, so can do pretty much anything on that side (setting up hardware, WiFi, building websites, etc). For fun, we enjoy photography, writing, and design.
5. Anything else! We are fast learners and are happy and willing to pick up any type of work :)
English, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, (very basic) Spanish
30 & 28
We are both very flexible people, are fast learners, and we like to be helpful. We are eager to be put to work :)
Eggs (Varun), and milk (Abi)
Special dietary requirements
We try to eat very little meat.