From: United States
Netherlands, Senegal, Spain, Turkey
28/04/2019 - 28/04/2021
My name is Weh’yee, and I’m on a journey to discover how to use my talents and abilities to best help the world :)
I’ve been a high school English teacher in the United States, worked at a social media company in New York City, and have worked at an electronic recycling startup in San Francisco. Now I’m traveling the world to discover my roots and to learn more about my purpose in life :)
Since traveling here are the other WorkAways I've done:
• Worked at an English learning school in North Africa
• Lived with a nomadic Berber family in the Sahara desert doing agriculture and animal care
• Worked at a bustling hostel in the south of Spain where I led bar crawls, free walking tours, cooked dinner for up to forty people, and socialized with guests
I'm really excited about discovering new people and places on my journey. In my opinion, the joy of traveling is in getting a local perspective while at the same time having the opportunity to share your own background and culture through service.
Can't wait to connect with you, and look forward to helping out any way that I can!
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
For a full view of my professional skills, abilities, and expertise, please check out my LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/wehyeebarkon
*️️*️️*️️ please note that while I have two years teaching experience in the US, I did not teach English as a Second Language and do not have experience teaching English to non-native speakers *️️*️️*️️
High School English Teaching, Cooking, Startup Company Development, Hostel Operations & Customer Service, Operations and Logistics, Public Speaking (English), Business Development, Leadership, Team Leadership, Project Management, Business Operations, Growth Hacking, Communication Skills, Content Creation, Content Strategy, B2B Sales, Fundraising
• 3,000 hours training 200 young adults in English, leadership, business writing, and public speaking (native speakers)
• Cooked dinner weekly for 30 - 60 people in a hostel in the south of Spain; led bar crawls of 20 - 40 guests
• Running the west coast operations and logistics of venture backed electronic recycling company
• Helped build irrigation channels for grain farming in the Sahara Desert; harvested grain
• Built 10+ partnerships to donate hardware to socially conscious nonprofits & schools
• Language practice with non - native English speakers in North Africa
• Sales + Fundraising
English (Fluent), French (learning - very limited proficiency), Spanish (beginner)
United States of America
I absolutely love love LOVE playing games of all kinds (chess, checkers, board games, you name it).
I'm very easy going, and can adapt to any type of environment, whether it is living in the desert or in a bustling city.
I think generosity and service are the two greatest ways we can express love, and as a result I always try my best to be generous with my time by serving those around me. I'm a student of culture, and there's not much I won't try once or be open to.
If I forgot anything, or if you're interested in learning more just shoot me a message!
Special dietary requirements