Well traveled, honest, helpful Belgian. Can speak 4 languages and can work alone or in a team. I get along well with people of all ages from around the world, love nature and don't mind being isolated.
Expert in adapting to my surroundings.
I have an inquisitive mind, eager to learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
You will find me easy to talk to about a variety of topics. I am a fit and strong person who is conscious about food, body and mind.
I have a broad view of the world and life, traveled extensively and lived in Belgium, South Africa and Australia.
I love to travel, explore new cultures and meet the local people.
Together with a friend I have been a Host myself.
Living off-grid in a private nature reserve in Mpumalanga South Africa, where we organise retreats and have a self sustainable project. Our profile is also on workaway. It's time for me to take a long break and connect with other hosts and volunteers as a volunteer.
InterestsMountainBeachNatureCampingSailing / BoatingAdventure sportsWater sportsTeam sportsWinter sportsFitnessYoga / WellnessOutdoor activitiesHikingCharity workCarpentrySustainabilityAnimalsLanguagesMusicVegetarian or vegan
show moreCultureHistoryEvents & social
Skills and knowledge I'd like to share or learn
Some knowledge of:GardeningDIY and building projectsBabysitting and creative playGeneral MaintenanceCreating/ Cooking family mealsLife at a FarmstayEco ProjectsHelping around the houseAnimal CareHospitality/TourismCharity WorkLanguage practiceTeaching
More details about your skills
Wide range of skills, very fast learner, expert in adapting to my surroundings,...
Just to provide some examples:
- Personal Trainer ( Exercise Coach)
* Had my own mobile personal training business.
- Customer Service, Organising, Co-Managing, Planning, Sales, Budgeting
* I had multiple jobs and positions which allowed me to learn and further develop these skills.
- Languages and communication
* I have an affinity with languages and can learn and understand a new language rather fast.
* Trying to have a clear, direct and non-violent way of communication (see NVC by Marshall Rosenberg)
- Basic Carpentry, Working with power tools ,Basic Building
* Made 2 Yoga Decks a while ago with limited materials and on a challenging location.
- Things associated with Selfsustainable off grid living.
If there are any questions don't hesitate to ask me.
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. You can contact them directly to discuss this.
What else ...
My interests are very diverse some of them are mentioned in the sections above others are Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Ecology, Nature and Wildlife Conservation, Environmentalism, Off-Grid Living, Meditation, Lucid Dreaming, Spiritual Teachings, Permaculture, The Ocean, Older Cars and Motorbikes ...
Have been a Workaway Host myself some time ago for about a year. Before that I was also a volunteer.
I have been with several hosts on Workaway and HelpX. I am an experienced 'Couchsurfer'. (www.couchsurfing.com)
Some more information
Special dietary requirements
Stay in touch :-)
Stay in touch :-)