22/10/2018 - 31/12/2018
Hi! I am an international development/humanitarian aid worker in her early thirties and currently based in Germany, taking some time off between jobs. As I am getting myself organized for next steps (while not having my own flat), I would love to stay with someone at their place in Germany (for 1-4 weeks from the end of October/early November on) and make myself useful there (see list of possible tasks below). I would be happy to stay with someone who is single, a couple, a family, a group of people etc.
I have a lot of experience in staying at other people’s places from couchsurfing (with references!), volunteering, subletting and family homestays across different countries so I know the etiquette of living together and am respectful, open-minded and easy to live with.
My hobbies include traveling, the outdoors (cycling, hiking, swimming, horse riding), animals, choir, literature, yoga, and meditation. I am a vegetarian and non-smoker, have a clean police record, drivers’ license, liability insurance, and speak fluent English, German and Spanish and conversational French.
You can read my CV online on LinkedIn: https://de.linkedin.com/in/verawedekind.
Please feel free to write me a message and I am also happy to call you to talk more any time. Vera
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Beyond my actual job in international development/humanitarian aid, I have diverse work experience in different areas and different countries. I am diligent at work whatever I do and am used to working together with others in groups or alone. I don’t mind hard physical work including outdoors and/or getting dirty.
- Animals/pets: I had a cat and 2 rabbits for nearly 20 years and did horse-riding for over 10, so I love animals and pets and am very used to taking care of them (feeding, playing, cleaning them or their toilet).
- Agriculture: I volunteered in a Kibbutz in Israel for a few months where I took care of date trees and sort of learned how to drive a tractor – we worked in shifts 4am to 1pm or 2pm to 11pm.
- Housekeeping: I also have years of experience in the service sector (waitressing in restaurants or at events including helping as a maid in a hotel etc., call center) so I am used to being friendly with customers even when they are stressed.
- Children/teaching: Besides baby-sitting, I have also taught languages and primary-school-level things to younger children (I volunteered in Guatemala) and also English to high-school students (tutoring in Germany).
- Cooking: For a meditation course, I managed the kitchen team of about a dozen volunteers to prepare 3 meals a day for 150 people for 2 weeks.
I am fluent in English, German and Spanish, speak enough French to carry out a conversation and know some basic Russian
I am flexible regarding the dates.
Special dietary requirements
I am a vegetarian but very flexible on what I eat