INTEREST IN WORKAWAY IN COLOMBIA IN NOV/DEC 2021
I have a deep passion for nature, learning (and education design) and cultural exchange. I have decided to leave Amsterdam for Latin America on a one-way ticket to learn about environmental conservation on the ground. I have now spent 1,5 years in Oaxaca, Mexico and am about to leave for Colombia, where my partner and I will be looking for a Workaway.
I just graduated Social Business Innovation in Amsterdam. My project was about co-creation and education design for international development. I am especially interested in stays surrounding community living, (alternative) education design and environmental conservation.
I love to be with my hands in the earth. Would love to work on reforestation projects and work with animals. My last Workaway experience was 3 months on a ranch working with horses, it was absolutely wonderful.
As a person, I am enthusiastic, open, eager to learn and very much passion driven. Besides that, like my time and space to ground and reflect. Both a remote lifestyle as well as a community-based lifestyle work well for me :) I am very flexible and definitely don't need luxury.
Hope to meet you soon!
InterestsMountainBeachNatureCampingHitchhikingSailing / BoatingAdventure sportsYoga / WellnessCyclingDancingOutdoor activitiesHikingCharity workFarmingSustainabilityAnimalsLanguagesArt & designDrawing & paintingDIY & crafts
show moreBooksMusicVideographyPhotographyVegetarian or veganPolitics / Social justiceCultureSelf developmentEvents & socialPlant care
Skills and knowledge I'd like to share or learn
I'm interested in:GardeningDIY and building projectsGeneral Maintenance
Some knowledge of:Eco ProjectsHospitality/TourismArt ProjectsHelping with Computers/ Internet
Able to teach about:Life at a FarmstayAnimal CareCharity WorkLanguage practiceTeaching
More details about your skills
Work experience / business-y skills:
- Learning Experience Design / co-creation
- Facilitating (creative) workshops
- Design research, qualitative research
- Community building
- Event organisation
- (Social media) marketing
- Video editing and basic videography
- Photo editing and basic photography
- I graduated with a BBA Macro Business Innovation so I can think along on business development, especially when it comes to socio-environmental impact.
- Anything with horses (11+ years experience: free riding, trick training and free jumping, driving, basic dressage and eventing)
- Sailing: I sailed across the Atlantic ocean. I'd love to learn more as deckhand (only have tallship experience)
- Tour guide: I am conscious of my environment, enthusiastic and easy with people
PERSONAL HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
- Yoga, meditation, (ecstatic) dance, plant based living
- Bouldering, slackline, hiking
- Circus, horseback riding
- Reading, writing
DRIVEN TO LEARN
- More about education design
- Indigenous cultures, plant medicine
- Bio construction
- Diving and surfing
- Community living and ecovillages
I am comfortable living modest lifestyle. I'm used to traveling with little resources and enjoy it a lot. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty and would love to do so. Also, it would be great to do some more physical work. Excited and more than willing to learn anything as long as it aligns with my values and ambitions!
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. You can contact them directly to discuss this.
Some more information
Special dietary requirements
Vegan or vegetarian
Mary Jane is a strong, kind and inspiring woman. She has a really big passion for her horses as well as for the rest of the natural environment. She knows a lot about birds so if you want to