From: United Kingdom
Austria, Denmark, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom
03/01/2020 - 08/02/2020
Hey there, I'm Sin-Mei and from the UK.
I'm on a career break to enjoy life and learn new things. it's as simple as that. I haven't decided what to do after my break or when I will work again but for now I just want to enrich my life, help others and have fun along the way. If I can get some hiking in that will be a bonus.
I have experience in lots of different things and happy to help with anything.
I regularly exercise so I can do any labour intensive work or otherwise. I renovated my house a few years ago so have experience with basic jobs like painting, sanding etc. With that I can do basic gardening as well such as mowing the lawn, weeding, trimming hedges etc.
Housekeeping jobs like cleaning, changing bed linen, help with cooking I would be very happy to do.
Being a qualified trainer I can also help with English practice if needed.
I also love animals, especially dogs so I can help with walks, animal care, feeding etc.
I'm very organised, responsible, clean and tidy. My background is in food so I have a great appreciation for it and healthy eating so anything to do with food will appeal to me but my biggest passion is the outdoors and hiking. Alongside that I am well travelled - I have been to USA, Canada, Costa Rica, Norway, Morocco, Tanzania and many more countries.
I want to enjoy the time I have with the hosts so it would be very nice if it would feel like being part of a family. I may not know how to do everything but I am willing to learn and I work hard.
I'm very excited in what I will get involved in with Workaway and what inspiration comes along!! :)
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
- experience in basic DIY such as painting, sanding, lifting rubble etc
- experience in basic gardening (weeding, mowing lawn etc)
- experience in customer service (receptionist, secretary, front of house)
- experience in general housekeeping, cleaning, cooking
- experience in delivering training or teaching
- experience in organising and planning including projects and events
- experience and knowledge of biology (did biology degree)
- knowledge of food, food safety and food manufacturing and catering work environment (back of house)
- some experience looking after dogs - I love animals particularly dogs and spent a year living with a landlord who had 2 dogs
- experience with children through babysitting
- team player and can work on own
English, French (basic), German (basic), Cantonese (basic), Hakka (basic)
I am flexible with my dates and locations.
Special dietary requirements