From: United Kingdom
Austria, Denmark, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom
03/01/2020 - 08/02/2020
Hey there, I'm Sin-Mei and from the UK.
I'm on a career break to enjoy life and learn new things. it's as simple as that. I haven't decided what to do after my break or when I will work again but for now I just want to enrich my life, help others and have fun along the way. I'm looking to learn from local people to understand their customs and way of life so what better way than to be immersed in it.
I have experience in lots of different things and happy to help with anything.
I regularly exercise so I can do any labour intensive work or otherwise. I renovated my house a few years ago so have experience with basic jobs like painting, sanding etc. With that I can do basic gardening as well such as mowing the lawn, weeding, trimming hedges etc.
Housekeeping jobs like cleaning, changing bed linen, help with cooking I would be very happy to do.
Being a qualified trainer I can also help with English practice if needed.
I also love animals, especially dogs so I can help with walks, animal care, feeding etc.
I'm very organised, responsible, clean and tidy. My background is in food so I have a great appreciation for it and healthy eating so anything to do with food will appeal to me but my biggest passion is the outdoors and hiking. Alongside that I am well travelled - I have been to USA, Canada, Costa Rica, Norway, Morocco, Tanzania and many more countries.
I want to enjoy the time I have with the hosts so it would be very nice if it would feel like being part of a family. I may not know how to do everything but I am willing to learn and I work hard.
I'm very excited in what I will get involved in with Workaway and what inspiration comes along!! :)
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
- experience in basic DIY such as painting, sanding, lifting rubble etc
- experience in basic gardening (weeding, mowing lawn etc)
- experience in customer service (receptionist, secretary, front of house)
- experience in general housekeeping, cleaning, cooking
- experience in delivering training or teaching
- experience in organising and planning including projects and events
- experience and knowledge of biology (did biology degree)
- knowledge of food, food safety and food manufacturing and catering work environment (back of house)
- some experience looking after dogs - I love animals particularly dogs and spent a year living with a landlord who had 2 dogs
- team player and can work on own
English, French (basic), German (basic), Cantonese (basic), Hakka (basic)
I am flexible with my dates and locations.
Special dietary requirements