From: United Kingdom
16/11/2019 - 31/01/2020
Hello! My name is Rose, I’m 28 years old and I come from the Peak District in sunny England!
During the summers I work for an Active Travel company named Backroads, leading cycling and hiking adventures across different countries (currently finishing the season in Croatia) and have been living in the Balkan region for the past 5 months.
It has been my dream to relocate to Italy for years, and I’m planning on spending a few months in Italy to improve my language skills so I can continue my work as a trip leader in your incredible country next year.
I love to be active, especially cycling and hiking, and in the past have spent many years climbing and doing martial arts (Jujitsu). I both love to be out in nature exploring the countryside, and also soaking up the culture in a town/city.
Prior to my current job I worked for Ferrero in the UK, and was a touring drummer for several bands. I love music, animals, cooking (I am vegan but flexible to vegetarian when necessary if travelling), socialising, exploring new countries, getting to know more familiar ones in a more meaningful way.
I hold a TEFL (English teaching) qualification so an environment where we could trade language lessons would be fabulous, and I am happy to get involved in any activity or chore (not afraid of getting my hands dirty!).
- TEFL (English teaching) qualification - Native English speaker
- Trip Leader - this involves managing all aspects of a 6 day cycling trip for up to 26 guests through multiple countries, including food prep, bike mechanics, vendor management, local knowledge, transport logistics, public speaking - in short I can play many roles at the same time and enjoy a challenge!
- Animal care - I grew up with animals (sheep, chickens, geese, turkeys, dogs, guinea pigs, snakes etc), and worked in an animal rescue centre when I was younger
- Human Resources & recruitment - need some help with your interview skills/CV? I can help!
- I'm a fast and enthusiastic learner and love getting involved in projects, whether it's building, mechanical, gardening, musical, technological - you name it!
- worked in schools as teaching assistant, experience with children
Special dietary requirements
Vegan - but flexible to vegetarian when travelling