Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Peru
27/10/2019 - 31/08/2020
Hello. I am Remi from Poland and I will be hitchiking through South America starting in Ecuador. I took one year break from my University (law studies) with an intention to find out more about myself and what I would like to do in my life. And I think travelling and doing workaway is the best way to reach this goal. What I love about workaway are of course making new friends all around the world, blending in new cultures, gaining experience in all fields and possibility to improve my Spanish and possibility to make something meaningful, to give part of me to the community that hosts me.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
I have some experience in workaways and other jobs:
- I volunteer in NGO "Youth Human Impact", where we organise educational projects for youths, European students exchanges (personally I also took part in few this kind of exchanges as an participant too) and some art and other events like photo exhibition.
- Sometimes I additionally work in an event company. We organise mostly integration/teambuilding events for companies, but also some other types of events like concerts or family events, where I am animator for children.
-I used to work in Marriott Hotel breakfast restaurant for guests as a host.
-Was studying law and working as a lawyer assistant, but thats probably nothing interesting for my future host ;).
I have three workaways experience:
- In Vendula's permaculture garden in Czech Republic. General garden and carpentry work. Preparing new parts of the garden to use, planting new veggies, collecting food etc. Making covers from sun for plants, making construction to grow ivy and grapes on it.
- In "Paraiso del Burro" in Asturias, Spain. Taking care of almost 50 animals (30 donkeys included), feeding, cleaning, herding donkeys, garden work, walking dogs and donkeys, daily cleaning stables and other.
- In "Nice Way" Porto Hostel in Portugal. Big hostel of over 120 beds. Working on few shifts. Morning breakfast preparation, midday and evening bartending and reception desk work and cleaning of common areas and sometimes also rooms.
Polish native, English fluent, Spanish beginner
I can do basically any physical job, I am not afraid of working hard or getting dirty. I also love cooking and people say they like my food.
Can't wait to see you and share all the best things wit you my host!
Special dietary requirements