From: United Kingdom
23/09/2020 - 23/04/2021
I'm Ralph, I'm 22, and am having something of a Gap Year from September 2020 once I have finished my Masters Degree in Urban Planning from the University of Sheffield. As much as I would like to travel around the world, I am aware of the difficulties of doing so in the current climate. Therefore doing some workaways around Europe seems like a sensible option, at least until the new year. .I am quite outgoing and enjoy meeting new people from all walks of life. I am fairly outdoorsy- I am a keen runner (with aspirations of one day completing a marathon) and also enjoy walking, cycling and football. Despite having a relaxed personality, I am also someone who works hard and is keen to help out.
- I have experience in Gardening. I have done one Workaway before with a friend in Italy which involved some heavy-duty gardening and landscaping. I have also volunteered with TCV, working as part of a team in 'Green Gym' sessions to restore the garden of Lovell Park Community Centre in Leeds
- I have a BA in Geography and am working towards an MSc in Urban Planning- I feel I have a some ideas about sustainability and planning for the future, but am keen to learn more from a practical perspective
- Through much of my education and work experience, I have worked as part of a team to work towards completing tasks. This is something I enjoy and it has taught me the importance of having a diversity of perspectives and skill sets
- I am also a driven individual who is happy to work alone when I am told what to do. However, I am aware I am not especially proactive and this is something I want to work on
- I consider myself to be fitter than average as I run 3-4 times per week and maintain a fairly healthy diet
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. Please contact them directly to discuss this with them.
- I can play chess quite well
- I can play the piano and generally enjoy music
- Generally interested in politics and current affairs
- I eat meat but am very happy eating veggie. Open to veganism but may struggle with the diet over a long period of time
- I also enjoy a drink, especially beer!
Special dietary requirements