France, New Zealand, Norway
01/07/2020 - 01/06/2021
Hello everyone :)
I am Merle, 25 years old and born and raised in a small village in northern Germany.
I worked 4 years in a hotel in Germany and two years on a cruiseship at the reception and the last year I did work & travel in Canada.
I lived 5 months in a small village in Quebec and worked at the reception from a hostel and as a cashier in a restaurant in the ski resort. During my freetime I went skiing or walking in this amazing winter wonderland and trying lots of new stuff like dogsledding or fatbiking. The atmosphere in the hostel was perfect and I met many wonderful people from around the world.
During the summer I stayed two months in Vancouver and lived with a family with three children. I helped with the kids, the house and the garden. It was a great experience and I felt in love with Vancouver!
The rest of the time I did roadtrips in the east and west part of Canada. I visited Vancouver Island, Yukon and Alaska.
And I absoutely love this country!
I am very passionated with cooking and baking and trying out new food from all over the world.
I am not super enthusiastic in doing sports, like going to the gym :D But I liked beeing outdoor and going hiking, biking, canoing or skiing and I try to do more yoga and meditation.
Also I like spending time with my family and friends and of course with my dog Bella.
I like reading books and watching reports with different topis.
- 6 years experience with guest Service/ reception/ cleaning in a hotel, on a cruiseship and in a hostel
- I absolutely love cooking & baking :)
- helping in a sports club with 4-6 years old children for 4 years
- living with a canadian family for 2 months and taking care of the kids
- organized and always willing to learn new things
- taking care of animals, we have a dog and cats at home and when I was younger I had a Pony
Smile and the world smiles back :)
Workaway is a great opportunity to help other people around the world and find a home away from home.
Special dietary requirements
Vegetarian ( sometimes I eat fish)