01/05/2021 - 01/07/2021
I am currently completing a degree in psychology, I am very interested in exploring different cultures and communities and the way these are tailored for the people within them. I am in a phase of exploring the world and the possibilities out there and finding something that touches me and that may be something I aim to create in the future.
I am motivated by my interest in the world and people, the way people have been able to construct it to be a joyful place for them. I am driven, I like to think I am competent and able to work with others well (most of my past employers are now friends!!).
I gain happiness from reading (almost anything to be honest..), being in nature, as I think it brings me into a very calm state that has often helped me cope with the problems thrown at me. I also enjoy journaling in my free time and drawing, and work out regularly, currently mostly jogging.
- worked on an organic farm for 10 days during high school, mostly picking fruit and weeding, packaging the produce for locals, cooking for the class and cleaning
- worked as a stablehand for 5 days at a riding centre for disabled children, leading children on the horses, getting the horses ready, clearing poop, sweeping, vacuuming, getting tea ready for guests, and getting the riders ready
- babysat a 6-year old boy with down syndrome for several months, and occasionally his two older sisters 8 and 10
- babysat two twelve-year-old siblings, took them to guitar class and back home
-babysat three children from 6-12 including overnight stays
- also held English lessons for these siblings once a week for two years, ranging from learning the basics of English to spelling, to punctuation and grammar, and story writing
- Tutored a 40-yo woman in English for her upcoming exam, for two months, however, I left the country, but she is waiting for me in September when I return.
- Worked as a special effects makeup assistant at a non-profit renewable fabric centred fashion show.
- Worked as a waitress in a snake-line format on several occasions
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. You can contact them directly to discuss this.
I am personally very interested in mental health and would like to pursue a career in this in the future, which is why I am so interested in the way people are able to feel happy and healthy around the world.
I grew up horse-riding and around dogs and cats so I am a big fan of animals and enjoy their company, and caring for them.
My favourite book is probably Brave New World, but I enjoy most things I read, I love to play cards, and unfortunately, I am not a big fan of monopoly, however, I will play it with enthusiasm, especially when babysitting. :)
Special dietary requirements