From: New Zealand
18/01/2019 - 30/04/2021
I'm Kate, born and bred New Zealander.
I've just spent a year travelling Europe, mostly soaking up the Mediterranean summer lifestyle. Now I'm back home, with a strong desire to explore my own backyard, my own country.
In Europe I volunteered with a lot of small farms and eco projects. I was so inspired by these projects that I'd like to start my own one day. Buy a piece of land, grow food and built an eco house. In the mean time I'm learning as much as I can by volunteering on other people' s projects.
Before travelling I worked as a graphic designer, most recently for Te Papa. I love design and I pick up projects here and there.
Let me know if you've got an eco project you need help with.
Some of the most interesting workaway projects I've done are:
- Building a straw bale and clay house in Wales
- Maintaining a permaculture garden and food forest in France
- Working in an organic home restaurant on the island of Levanzo in Sicily
- Looking after plants and animals on an organic farm and garden centre on the island of Amorgos in Greece
- Clearing overgrown land on an off grid site on the island of Vis in Croatia
I have a bachelors degree in Graphic Design and have worked as a designer for 5 years. I also have skills in sewing, painting, drawing and photography.
Special dietary requirements