01/02/2020 - 13/05/2020
I am 30 years old, coming from France. I spent 9 months in New Zealand, working and traveling. I like hiking, gardening, discover beautifull landscapes and wildlife. After studying geology at university, i worked in mineral water industry and water quality laboratory.
I am a quiet person, non-smoker. I like to talk and share convivial moments with my hosts or the people i meet during my travel. Really would like to know more about the people, history and culture of the country i visit and not only see it as a tourist. I travel with the bus, sometimes hitchhiking.
I am currently in Melbourne and plan to go along the great ocean road to Adelaide, so i am looking for workaway in these areas.
During my trip in New Zealand,
I have been doing helpx
- 5 days in Rotorua, carring wood and doing some weeding.
- 2 months in Whakatane with a family i met first in couchsurfing. Then i helped them for painting, waterblasting, cleaning, gardening, baking, doing some work on computer, even tuning piano (it was my first time but interesting to learn ^^)...
- 4 days in Whangarei (wwoofing), cleaning the house and mowing the lawn.
I also worked
- 3 weeks in Te Puke for the kiwifruit picking.
- 4 mounths in Whakatane as a cook in a french restaurant.
I like working outside. In France, i used to garden and grow my vegetables. I also like to cook.
I am an autonomous and organise person in the tasks i have to do. I need some explanations and organisation at the begining to know what help you need. Then i can manage myself !
I studied geology and groundwater in France. Worked 5 years and decided to take a break to open my mind, discover, experience new jobs, adventures, meet new people, new cultures. I like hiking, yoga, be in nature, good food...
Special dietary requirements