27/02/2019 - 01/11/2020
Hi, welcome to our profile! Thank you for checking it out.
We are about to embark on a long term overland travel across the globe. Because we are not the typical tourists that just like to see the highlights and move on, we would like to live and work with the local people and experience their way of life in order to connect with the country we visit.
Therefore 'work away' seems to be the perfect way to do so. Both of us are hard workers and are up to all kinds of work. We are looking forward to meeting new people, share knowledge, make new friends, share experiences, have interesting conversations and laugh a lot.
Joost is an easygoing young man that likes to make things out of wood. Therefore it is no surprise that he became a skilled carpenter. Besides that he likes to be outside and in or on the water. To combine his passion for wood and water he recently started building a classic Canadian red cedar strip canoe. He is very involved in the local festival and event organization in which he enjoys to be part of, or in charge of a team that constructs the decorations or attributes.
Britte is a creative person who can think outside-the-box. As a graphic/media designer she makes beautiful concepts and designs for experience centers. Besides that she's an active person who loves to play sports. Whether it's a game of softbal, riding a wakeboard, horseback riding through the woods or a long distance walk on the beach. And she's always up for playing a game, who dares? :)
- Living a minimalistic lifestyle
- Outdoor persons, love to camp
- Watersport fans (kitesurfing, wakeboarding, swimming, kayaking, iceskating)
- Horseback rider (Britte)
- Vegan/vegetarian cooking and baking
- Good music, theatre, festivals and museums
For further information feel free to contact us.
We might see each other soon!
Joost and Britte
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- Skilled self employed carpenter (Construction, furniture making and restoring, creative projects)
- Strong interest in technical engineering
- Sufficient knowledge of plumbing and electrical
- General maintenance
- Likes to work with reclaimed materials
- Good at teaching others how to work with wood
- Spent a year working in the national parks of south-west USA (mostly trail work)
- Likes to cook
- Good with animals
- Can teach you how to juggle :)
- I can teach you how to use computers and computer software like photoshop, illustrator and indesign
- Creative thinking (I can come up with a style or visual plan for your project)
- Graphic design (logo's, menu's, social media posts, signage, murals etc.)
- I have some (basic) website design/building experience
- I have helped Joost a lot with woodwork and painting, so I have some skills with that and I am a quick learner.
- Serving in a restaurant
- Helping in the kitchen
- Taking care of animals (cats, dogs, chickens, rabbits and horses)
- House keeping
Workaways so far:
- Treehouse/ fruit gardens Malaysia, construction work and fruit picking and eating:)
- Jungle garden in Hong Kong, around the house jobs
- Animal ranch Mongolia, helping with the cows, daily jobs and building bunkbeds
- Hotel in Sweden, Roof renewal, around the house jobs and help in the kitchen
- Horse ranch in Portugal, around the house jobs and taking care of the horses
Dutch, English, a bit of German and a little of French
29 & 32
Special dietary requirements