From: Brazil & Uruguay
France, Portugal, Spain
25/06/2020 - 16/12/2020
We are Joanna (23) and Manuel (22) :)
We used to live in two very close cities but in different countries, Porto Alegre (Brazil) and Montevideo (Uruguay). We've met in 2017, in La Paloma, Uruguay. Since then, we were in a long distance relationship, always thinking in a way of being together in the same place. In 2020, we saw a possibility of moving to Madrid, while Manu studies economics in the Complutense and Jojo works and travels around, after graduating in law in Brazil.
Unfortunately, coronavirus spoiled our plans a bit, but we are still looking forward to enjoy the rest of the year in anyways we are able to.
We are both very easygoing people (we've been in quarantine for 3 months and still love each other haha). We really enjoy meeting new people, getting to know new cultures and lifestyles, but specially being around nature, since we both grew close to the beach. Manu is a surfer, and Jojo tries to.
At the moment, Manu is tutoring two kids, in the age of 8 and 10. We enjoy very much being around children.
We are both very passionate about many forms of art, specially music and literature. Manu plays the piano and Jojo is an watercolor lover, a singer and a book fictionate.
Our motto is "coração aberto", which in portuguese means "open heart". In times of uncertainty, we need to have an open heart to embrace all new experiences that appear to us, and learn from them.
- I speak 3 languages fluently (portuguese, spanish and english) and know some basics of german and french, and I have experience in teaching english and spanish.
- Artistic and creative activities with kids.
- Animal caring
- I speak four languages (spanish, english, french and portuguese), I went to a french school in Montevideo and have passed the french examen (Baccalauréat), I've also practiced the other languages in my sabatic year in 2017.
- I'm a sportslover, I play rugby and football, and love other sports such as basketball, volleyball, golf... Also, I'm a surf lover and every summer in Uruguay I spend it in the water basically:)
- I have experience working in gardening, back in Montevideo I have my own vegetable garden
- I also worked as a handyman when I was in Ireland, I helped with painting, gardening, moving furniture, etc...
- During the quarantine I've been tutoring two children of 8-10 years old, helping them with their homeworks, specially mathematics;)
- Experience as waitress and waiter in restaurants.
23 & 22
Manuel - chess, listen to good music, trekking, camping, yoga.
Joanna - swimming, jazz, baking, reading.
Special dietary requirements