From: Costa Rica & United States
Costa Rica, Germany, Guatemala, United States
19/10/2018 - 19/10/2020
My husband and me we are an international couple, german costarican, us citizen.
After finishing our university degrees and working some years we decided to learn more about the world, cultures, projects and spend more time with each other by having an exciting workaway life.
We don't need luxury in our life and we love do really get to know other life styles, trying them out and adapting to them, learning a lot.
We already helped out in different projects in Costa Rica, the US, Guatemala and worked with animals, painting, sailing, children, teaching, we're always eager to do new things and be surrounded by great people.
We are responsible and organized people having a big variety of interests from music and arts to circus sports, swimming, horse riding, hiking, etc.!
General help and willingness to work
- cleaning, maintenance, physical work, helping where its necessary also under hard climate situation (burning sun or rainy nights) as experienced for example in turtle projects in Costa Rica or farm work in germany, any general housework
- cooking, variety of German, costarican and intercultural dishes
- teaching German, English, psychology, Spanish, etc. Jen has an university degree of teaching German and also a master of psychology, vic can teach about music, guitar playing and English
- taking care of animals: we already raised kittens and puppies up, worked in exotic rescue animal stations with all type of animals and animal farms in Germany. Chickens, camels, goats, porcupines, ara parrots, turtles, we loved working with all type of animals as we really enjoy that. It's one of our big common interrests.
- working and taking care of children different ages, we love children and babies!!! Some years ago Jen made an internship in a kindergarten and often was the babysitter of my cousins children and at every family event, we are both the ones that go playing with the children with a lot of imagination, love and motivation. We love the creative minds of children and the mix of taking care (preparing food, helping them with clothes, etc.), playing and sometimes also teaching (how to cook a cake, how to make some handcraft, etc.)
- I like arts, spent years painting with acrylic, photography, making sculptures, handcrafts, poems,…
Vic loves music, singing playing guitar, writing songs,...
- client services. I worked two years for a student Exchange organization as a direct contact for families, parents, students and volunteers assisting during their time in all their questions, necessaries and problems. I'm really client and service oriented, knowing how to respond to unhappy clients and how to react in difficult situation if necessary.
- administrative computer work: I'm good in the organization of bookings reservations and requests, working with Excel and other programs, working responsible and in detail. I was responsible for a lot of financial management, contracts, informing, making lists, etc.
- social media & announcement: Two years I took care of the homepage of the agency I was working for, uploading posts in different languages, taking pictures, connecting to people, etc. I got in contact with a lot of schools and clubs promoting and presenting the programs, maintaining relationships.
- contact to partners, during my job experience I had a lot of contact to schools, clients, projects, agencies, clubs, restaurants, hotels,...
30 & 27
Special dietary requirements