We are currently
Our next destination:Chile View all
We, Jenifer and Ian, are in our 50s, married for 25 years and live in Trinidad & Tobago. We are avid travelers and love animals (have two rescue dogs of our own), walking, hiking, cycling and new adventures. We are recently semi-retired and are keen to spend more time on slow travel. We enjoy independent and small group travel where you meet lots of interesting people from different backgrounds.
Ian’s background is in the hospitality industry, but he has owned and run a number of different businesses over the years from a restaurant and bar to a customer service consultancy and is now an active hands-on landlord and property developer. Jenifer is an accountant by profession but makes up for it with her interest in the outdoors, travel, photography and reading! We are experienced house and pet sitters and currently look after the neighbour’s pets while they travel, as they do for us. Ian has several years volunteer experience teaching adult literacy.
We would love to spend periods of at least 2 weeks to 3 months in different countries, where we can immerse ourselves in the area and community, learning and sharing our skills and labour. We are interested in house sitting, animal care and outdoor work – gardening, harvesting fruit, restaurant work, etc but are happy to help in anyway needed. While older than the average Workawayer, we are young at heart - physically active, easy going and get along well with people of all ages. We respect the fact that we will be staying in your home and will treat it as we would our own.
Skills and knowledge we'd like to share or learn
We're interested in:Life at a FarmstayGardening
Some knowledge of:Animal CareLanguage practice
More details about your skills
- We look after our own property and rental apartments - general maintenance, yard work, gardening, housework
- Experienced house sitters
- Experienced in animal care - our own rescue dogs, and pet sitting for others
- Experienced leading small groups on hikes
- Experience in hotels, restaurants and bars - kitchen, bar work, table service, interacting with guests, cost control
- Experience teaching adults
- Accounting, restaurant cost control, administration, computer work (excel, word, data entry, etc)
- Basic sewing, amateur photography
61 & 54
Some more information
Special dietary requirements