17/12/2019 - 15/02/2020
Hello I'm Johanna, Ecuadorian graphic designer with an adventurous, creative and entrepreneurial soul. I consider myself an experienced and open-minded traveler. Lover of nature, art, good food, new experiences and everything that nourishes the spirit and makes us happy.
Two years ago I started to travel with my partner from Berlin, leaving behind my beloved Ayampe, a beautiful beach town on the Ecuadorian coast. Although I love my home and country, at one point I felt the need to go out and explore other wonderful places and get to know other cultures. Being able to share experiences and meet new people gives me great inspiration and a broader perspective of the world and myself.
Now I am in Georgia for the second time as it is a very generous, friendly country with a very interesting culture and incredible landscapes. Before that I was in Turkey, Colombia, Germany, Luxembourg, France and Peru. Then in November the idea is to visit Mexico, which excites me a lot.
In most of the places I travel to, I like to spend a few months to get to know the special things of each place and to make friends. I also think it's important to contribute positively in some way wherever you are. My main goal is to bring a message of love to Mother Earth and to ourselves.
I enjoy cooking, doing yoga, exploring new places, listening to good music, dancing and loving animals. I love the sea but I also enjoy the mountains a lot.
I am new to Workaway, but previously I have worked as a volunteer, in hostels in Ecuador, in a Festival of Art and Community Theatre in Berlin, I have participated in various environmental and social activities. I have also stayed in several homes around the world where I have always had wonderful experiences with my hosts, as I am neat, clean, sociable, always willing to help in whatever is possible and respectful of the space of others. In addition, I love art and craft projects.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
I am a graphic designer with ten years of experience and I have also worked managing tourism businesses such as restaurants and hostels.
In addition to my design career, I am one of the founding members of a family micro business called Mimi Tejidos, which designs and produces handcrafted Ecuadorian knitwear.
Furthermore, I am the founder and organizer of El Colibrí Festival Ayampe, an event that unifies and promotes creativity, entrepreneurship and sustainable tourism, held quarter-yearly in Ayampe, Ecuador.
- I speak English and Spanish
- I am very creative, I enjoy doing art projects, crafts, design, decoration, for example I can make signs, paintings, floral arrangements, etc..
- I like to organize spaces making them more efficient.
- I have several years of experience organizing cultural and environmental events.
- I love to cook healthy and delicious food. I am also creative in the kitchen, I like to create dishes with the ingredients I have in the moment.
- I love animals, for me it is very important to give them a lots of love and treat them with respect.
- I have been practicing yoga for 6 years and although I am not a teacher, if anyone wants to join my practice I will be very happy to share what I know and have some company.
- I have a lot of experience in customer service, especially with travelers, I love to help giving recommendations, sharing experiences and make them feel safe and comfortable.
- I also like to take pictures and I can help with social media.
Spanish and English. I would like to learn a little bit of German, Georgian, Portuguese and Italian, just the basics
I like to listen to good music and dance.
I am interested in organizing women's circles and doing full moon rituals.
Special dietary requirements
I like to eat as healthy and natural as possible and try to adapt. I don't eat processed or instant foods. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat red meats often, not cold meats