Austria, France, Italy, Switzerland
21/02/2019 - 30/06/2020
My name is Viki, I'm a 28-year-old Nature lover and outdoor enthusiast who wishes to spend time in the mountains while helping out beautiful people and projects.
I'm currently looking for summer wwoofing(s): I'm really interested in outdoor mountain activities (my deepest wish is to help out with mountain guiding), organic agriculture and beekeeping, and well-being/holistic practices.
As you can guess, I'm passionate about mountain activities connecting people with Nature (hiking, camping...), natural well-being (yoga and other types of movement practices, holistic health, etc), and community/service. Having a strong desire to somehow combine these in my life, while doing something meaningful and helpful to others, I'm curious to meet,connect and exchange with you :-) I'm an enthusiastic and practical person who enjoys being outside and isn't afraid of getting her hands dirty. Helping others is for me a deeply enriching, humbling and precious experience,and I cannot wait to do it again.
I'm new to Workaway but have done quite a bit of wwoofing during the past 4 years:
In 2014, after finishing my studies, I thought it was time to go travelling for a while. I wanted to meet people, share their ways of life, learn practical things and live from the heart. I spent the next 2 years in New Zealand, wwoofing for nearly half of that time. Later on I volunteered in a sustainable living learning community in England.
These two experiences literally turned my world upside down. I rediscovered my love for Nature by hiking extensively, camping in the wild, helping out on outdoors projects. I fell in love with the mountains. I discovered more sustainable lifestyles, met with people fostering open-hearted and generous exchanges, following their calling, learning and sharing constantly. Helping them out, learning and giving back to them was such a privilege.
Following this, I travelled to India to train as a yoga teacher, which brings together many of my interests: natural well-being, physical activity, along with a holistic and meditative approach, that can be shared with others, to help them find more joy, lightness and balance in life.
This is where I am now! Could I be of some help to you? :-)
Looking forward to hearing from you,
PS: I'm very motivated to learn other languages, currently starting with some basic German.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
I recently trained as a yoga teacher. I'd love to apply that, and keep learning about yoga and natural well-being.
In previous wwoofings/volunteerings I did various things that I would be happy to help out with again,and keep learning about:
- lots of organic gardening: planting, pruning trees, weeding, harvesting, taking care of the soil... I love growing food, caring for the Earth, and there's always so much to learn.
- assisting a Nature tour guide (including public speaking), helping out on conservation missions.
- housekeeping: cleaning, creating/holding a peaceful and comfortable space, house restoration projects (wallpaper,painting,changing floors,etc)...
- cooking (for a community + worked as a kichen hand and baker), with a special love for healthy food, vegetarian and vegan recipes and trying out new combinations!
- customer service: I took care of a guest house for a month,worked in hospitality in NZ,the UK and France, spent 4 months working in a community. I found the most enjoyment in intentional communities smaller projects/places, where we value human beings and truly care for others.
- animal care: in NZ I helped out on a sheep station, with working dogs and horses. Building a trustful relationship with them was extraordinary. I've also housesitted with pets,ducks,hens,horses... and always had pets. Would love to be around animals again.
- outdoor maintenance work: painting,renovation,clearing spaces...
- teaching: yoga, figure-skating, foreign languages
- taking care of kids: I was an pair in Ireland for 2 lovely kids, also taught them some French through games.
I trained as an editor and publisher at uni,so I could also help you out with text editing, translation and lay out :-)
If you want some references, I can send you the link to my helpx page where previous hosts wrote reviews of my staying with them.
French (native speaker), English (fluent), Spanish (intermediate), learning German basics at the moment
Special dietary requirements
I'm vegetarian,and can easily make myself some lentils/beans instead of meat,so nothing to worry about :-)