Austria, France, Italy, Switzerland
21/02/2019 - 30/06/2020
My name is Viki, I'm a 28-year-old Nature lover and outdoor enthusiast who wishes to spend time in the mountains while helping out beautiful people and projects.
I'm currently looking for summer wwoofing(s): I'm really interested in outdoor mountain activities (my deepest wish is to help out with mountain guiding), organic agriculture and beekeeping, and well-being/holistic practices.
As you can guess, I'm passionate about mountain activities connecting people with Nature (hiking, camping...), natural well-being (yoga and other types of movement practices, holistic health, etc), and community/service. Having a strong desire to somehow combine these in my life, while doing something meaningful and helpful to others, I'm curious to meet,connect and exchange with you :-) I'm an enthusiastic and practical person who enjoys being outside and isn't afraid of getting her hands dirty. Helping others is for me a deeply enriching, humbling and precious experience,and I cannot wait to do it again.
I'm new to Workaway but have done quite a bit of wwoofing during the past 4 years:
In 2014, after finishing my studies, I thought it was time to go travelling for a while. I wanted to meet people, share their ways of life, learn practical things and live from the heart. I spent the next 2 years in New Zealand, wwoofing for nearly half of that time. Later on I volunteered in a sustainable living learning community in England.
These two experiences literally turned my world upside down. I rediscovered my love for Nature by hiking extensively, camping in the wild, helping out on outdoors projects. I fell in love with the mountains. I discovered more sustainable lifestyles, met with people fostering open-hearted and generous exchanges, following their calling, learning and sharing constantly. Helping them out, learning and giving back to them was such a privilege.
Following this, I travelled to India to train as a yoga teacher, which brings together many of my interests: natural well-being, physical activity, along with a holistic and meditative approach, that can be shared with others, to help them find more joy, lightness and balance in life.
This is where I am now! Could I be of some help to you? :-)
Looking forward to hearing from you,
PS: I'm very motivated to learn other languages, currently starting with some basic German.
I recently trained as a yoga teacher. I'd love to apply that, and keep learning about yoga and natural well-being.
In previous wwoofings/volunteerings I did various things that I would be happy to help out with again,and keep learning about:
- lots of organic gardening: planting, pruning trees, weeding, harvesting, taking care of the soil... I love growing food, caring for the Earth, and there's always so much to learn.
- assisting a Nature tour guide (including public speaking), helping out on conservation missions.
- housekeeping: cleaning, creating/holding a peaceful and comfortable space, house restoration projects (wallpaper,painting,changing floors,etc)...
- cooking (for a community + worked as a kichen hand and baker), with a special love for healthy food, vegetarian and vegan recipes and trying out new combinations!
- customer service: I took care of a guest house for a month,worked in hospitality in NZ,the UK and France, spent 4 months working in a community. I found the most enjoyment in intentional communities smaller projects/places, where we value human beings and truly care for others.
- animal care: in NZ I helped out on a sheep station, with working dogs and horses. Building a trustful relationship with them was extraordinary. I've also housesitted with pets,ducks,hens,horses... and always had pets. Would love to be around animals again.
- outdoor maintenance work: painting,renovation,clearing spaces...
- teaching: yoga, figure-skating, foreign languages
- taking care of kids: I was an pair in Ireland for 2 lovely kids, also taught them some French through games.
I trained as an editor and publisher at uni,so I could also help you out with text editing, translation and lay out :-)
If you want some references, I can send you the link to my helpx page where previous hosts wrote reviews of my staying with them.
Special dietary requirements
I'm vegetarian,and can easily make myself some lentils/beans instead of meat,so nothing to worry about :-)