28/08/2017 - 26/03/2019
Hey there, nice to meet you
My name’s Diogo. I’m always looking for new adventures and meeting new people. I left my job and London, to travel the world, spending 4 months in Asia and over a year in Latin America. I’m really excited about volunteering here to discover not just the countries, but also the people and their way of life.
I don’t need a lot of comfort to be happy, plus I’m always up for a laugh. I’m pretty sociable and like nothing more chatting over dinner or drinks. I maybe be a happy-go-lucky but I am also hard working and can help in the house, farm, construction, teaching or dealing with tourists. There is much a don’t know but I’m a fast learner.
Whether you are a host or a workawayer, I’d love to hear from you :-D
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
• I spent 1 month working in a hostel in southern Chile doing various tasks including cleaning, taking care of guests, helping to organise excursions and doing handy work (painting, basic construction work, etc.)
• I love animals and volunteered in an animal sanctuary in Bolivia for 1 month. There I took care of monkeys, including cleaning and feeding them. I also cleared paths in the forest and did masonery.
• I’ve got some experience teaching. I volunteered for 2 months in a native community in the Amazon rainforest teaching English to kids and adults. I also used to teach maths to economics students at university.
• I volunteered in a hostel in Cuzco for 2 weeks working as a barman and event organising.
• In my last employment, I was a team leader in big company. There I managed a 5-person team while working with computers / coding.
Portuguese (native), French (native), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent), Dutch (basic)
Belgian & Portuguese
Special dietary requirements