01/10/2019 - 18/05/2020
I'm Friederike from Germany. I used to work as a foreign language secretary
but last summer I decided to do workaway for a while to gain new experiences and ideas. I'd like to get to know other people's way of life and draw inspiration from it.
I would describe myself as an open-minded, calm and caring person. I value nature. I took part in a Gospel choir in my freetime and I love dancing Lindy Hop. Apart from that I enjoy listening to music, baking, movies, taking photos, reading and going for walks.
I'm doing workaway since the beginning of October 2019 in France. I helped with:
- Gardening (planting, weeding)
- General house chores
- Renovation works (painting)
- Animal care/ farm stays including staying on a dairy farm in Brittany and a vineyard in the Jurancon region. Work that I was doing there: feeding the animals, helping in the cheesery, fruit picking, preparing firewood, helping out at the markets/ AMAPs (packing, dealing with customers), work on the vineyard (planting new vine stocks, stapling and attaching wires, removing shoots, putting vine tendrils into the wires), tidying, painting work, cooking
- Assisting in the English classes at "Cfa Les 13 Vents" in Tulle/France
- Assisting a pastry cook at "Cfa Les 13 Vents" in Tulle/France who prepared for a competition
Apart from workaway:
- Farm work:
I did an internship on a farm in Germany. They ran fruit-growing (mainly fruit trees) as well as cattle breeding (zebus). I helped with clearing out the stables, fruit picking, cutting hedges, sweeping leaves
- Child care:
I was an au pair in England a few years ago and took care of two children aged 8 and 12.
- Office work:
I've been to Ireland for half a year working for a tour operator being part of the inventory team. Through my job as a secretary I'm used to be in contact with clients and I'm computer literate.
- Hotel/ B&B/ Tourism:
I've done a two weeks internship in a hotel in Germany which involved taking care of the guest rooms, cleaning and tidying up.
I indeed have a driver's licence but as I haven't driven a car for more than three years, I'm not really confident in driving right now.
Special dietary requirements
I don't tolerate lactose i.e. I'm intolerant but not allergic to milk :)