27/07/2021 - 07/08/2021
Hello there! Currently I am studying in Groningen, a city in the Netherlands. I'm in the second year of Medicine. I like to make walks, cook and I enjoy doing creative things!
Welcome to my profile :) My name is Fardau. I'm an open-minded, enthusiastic, Frisian girl from the Netherlands. At the moment I am studying Medicine in Groningen. I'm longing to learn from the world and can't wait until the summer to (hopefully) be able to travel again! I'm not sure yet where I want to go (somewhere in Europe), for me it is the most important that I connect well with my hosts and find a project that feels right :) I am excited to meet new people and learn from their stories and create new memories!
A little bit more about me:
- Most of my childhood I've spent living on a small farm. At the moment we have a small group of sheep, two horses, two goats, two rabbits and two cats. Since I'm living in Groningen now I'm not here so often anymore, however it is very nice to come back.
- After getting my high school degree, I went backpacking in New Zealand. This was an amazing trip for which I am very thankful. I loved the scenery, sometimes I just couldn't wrap my head around how beautiful it was, as if it wasn't real and I was looking at a "greenscreen". I hitchhiked around the country and enjoyed meeting other travellers and locals. From New Zealand I took a flight to South-Africa where I did a month of volunteering with children in a township near Cape Town.
- I love to dance, sing, play the piano, baking pancakes, make walks and explore. In life, family and friends are very important to me. At the moment, I try to be more conscious about the environment, which is why I eat (mostly) vegan and try to buy second-hand clothing only. I'm also interested in lifestyle. Later in life I would like to be a general practitioner witch a large focus on "lifestyle medicine". I'm very interested in learning more about that!
Maybe I'll see you soon! :D
- HOSPITALITY - I have worked several summers as a waitress in restaurants close to my hometown. In New Zealand I also worked as a waitress.
- CHILDREN - I have babysitted multiple times. I also did some volunteering in Cape Town where I mostly played with the kids. Last summer I worked as a leader on youth holidays, for kids between 7-12 and 12-15 years old. Here I was responsible for taking care of the kids, organizing games, cooking meals and keeping the campsite tidy.
- ELDERLY CARE - I worked as a care assistant in an elderly home. I helped with some basic things like getting dressed, going to the toilet and eating. I also did one year of nursing school.
- HELPING AROUND THE HOUSE - In New Zealand I worked as a cleaner in a hostel in Napier. Also in my studenthouse I clean regularly. Since I lived on a farm for most of my life, I'm also used to doing chores around the house.
More details about my language interests
I can teach you some Dutch or Frisian (a local language here in NL) if you would like! :D
Special dietary requirements
I'm a vegetarian who mostly eats vegan :)