From: United States
Egypt, Greece, Israel, Jordan, Palestine, United States
31/01/2020 - 21/03/2021
I'm Ellery, and I'm currently living the spontaneous, contemplative existance of the modern 20-something. For me, that meant leaving college, dropping everything and getting on a plane to anywhere.
(This dramatic impulse seized me in March 2020, so my travel experience has been more challenging than expected)
Some things about me: I plan to go back to school to study evolutionary biology and wildlife science (see my photos!). I am also really interested in astronomy and physics. Would love to learn some new skills if you're willing to teach me. I'm not so interested in being a tourist.
These past few months I've spent volunteering have been the strangest and best of my life. I'm happy to help and lend my time and skills in any way I can - I want to make your life easier :)
- Lots of experience with childcare (I've been a babysitter, camp counselor, preschool aide, older sister).
- Housework - cleaning, organizing, laundry, dishes, bathrooms.
- I'm a strong writer. I can edit and correct papers, websites, etc. in English.
- Trying to learn Hebrew, and more than happy to help teach English.
- I'm adaptable. I have worked and lived in all kinds of places, and I'm capable of roughin' it.
More details about my language interests
Interested in learning Hebrew
I am religious. I keep Shabbat (Meaning I don't work, cook, drive, or use electronics from Friday evening to Saturday evening).
I've learned that this all really comes down to honesty and good communication, so that's what I will bring and ask of you too :)
Special dietary requirements
Kosher or Vegetarian/Vegan