From: Canada & Germany
India, Nepal, Sri Lanka
24/11/2019 - 01/05/2020
We are Elke and Felix, a German couple that left home over 3 years ago.
In this time we were lucky enough to travel through beautiful New Zealand , Southeast Asia, Canada and Peru so far.
During our time in NZ we have volunteered at a lot of places and communities through "helpx.net".
See our profile here:
After we have left New Zealand we have been traveling through incredible South-east Asia for about half a year where we had the chance to volunteer for a wild life center on Borneo (Orangutan Project) and at the Bali Spirit Festival in Indonesia.
Afterwards we spent a year in Vancouver (Canada) on a working holiday basis and added some workaway adventures, mainly in eco villages and intentional communities.
From the begining of September until the end of November 2019 we explored the magic of Peru where we had again the Chance to add another 3 volunteer experiences not only through workaway but also through personal contacts along the way.
Now we are happy to have arrived on this side of the planet and a whole new universe called India. :)
We would describe us as easy going, friendly, reliable, interested in different cultures and new experiences.
OUR COMMON INTERESTS:
Sustainable/ regenerative ways of living, Yoga, Meditation, communal living in eco friendly environments, healthy food, simplicity, hiking, music and dancing
- is a certified Permaculture Designer
- has studied medicine and worked in a psychiatric hospital for 3 years
- is interested in complementary/ holistic medicine like Ayurveda as well as Integrative medicine
- grew up in a house with a big garden and is used to gardenwork since she was a child
- has worked in all sorts of different jobs, mostly related to hospitality (receptionist, waitress, barista, housekeeper) and customer service (organic supermarket, italian Deli)
- speaks german, english and spanish
- found his passion in hospitalty and worked as a barmanager, bartender, event coordinator, stage hand, sound engineer, facility maintenance person and housekeeper in all kinds of different settings for the past 13 years.
- is a certified beer brewer
- is also a certified retail assistant manager
- worked a couple of months as a painter
- is a wood work enthusiast
- loves being outside in nature, doing sports and to work physically as well as working with people.
- speaks german and english
36 & 35
Our mutual goal in this life is to create & establish a Holistic retreat center with attached guest accomodation and permaculture garden to be self-sufficient in producing our own food and medicine.
Special dietary requirements