From: United Kingdom
Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru
27/10/2018 - 31/03/2019
Hola! We are Cara & Will and are travelling around South America.
In this profile you will find nothing but honest cliches:
* yes, we both quit our commercial jobs in London to see the world.
* yes, we are both motivated to learn; learn new languages, learn about different cultures, learn everyday with the people and animals we interact with. We especially want to give back so that hopefully others can learn from us.
* yes, we desire to leave a positive impact behind on the world; environmentally and socially, to travel sustainably and help others do so too.
* yes, we want to have a lot of fun along the way; smile and make others laugh, perhaps share a beer or two, break bread and debate about which South American dish is the best.
● Cara: having studied biology at degree level but succumbed to a job that pays the bills, she wants to reconnect with her original dreams and be surrounded by wildlife on a daily basis. There is no one more that will stop and stare at the circling birds or waving trees longer than she will. Cara studied Spanish for over a year in London prior to travelling so she is motivated to become fluent. Growing up with little sisters she takes great comfort in being in a family environment, especially caring for children or chatting with gran. After working on a dairy farm in Australia for 4 months she is certainly not afraid to get her hands dirty!
● Will: having both parents as teachers Will would like to make them proud and help teach and share knowledge across the world. He is at home in South America not only because he is a passionate footballer, but also loves to be outdoors and would be at home making, creating or working out in the fields. He is taking Spanish lessons along his travels to catch up with Cara!
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
* background in conservation and working with animals:
- worked on dairy farm for 4 months in Australia
- BSc Biology degree
- volunteered with the conservation society
* people person:
- partaken in various school volunteering programmes
- worked as a nanny for 3 months
- previous job involved managing a team of 20-25 people.
* manual labour
* padi advanced diving
* arts & crafts
* intermediate Spanish
* 5 years business experience:
- finance (excel wizard..)
- project management & management of teams
* photography (portrait)
* manual labour
English. Cara has very basic Spanish.
28 & 29
Special dietary requirements