From: United States
01/07/2020 - 31/08/2020
Hello! I'm Bronwyn, a 32 year old, originally from a small town in northern California, USA. For the last few years I've been living in cities (Beijing, Shanghai), and more recently three years in Melbourne where I just completed a degree in Holistic Nutritional Medicine. Now I'm looking to take some time in nature, and live the active, outdoor, covered-in-dirt lifestyle I've been missing. I'm passionate about food (whole, plant-based, local, seasonal, organic) and lifestyle practices for joyful, healthy, loving living, and this trip is all about playing, learning, and growing in those departments.
I'd love to work with curious, engaging, and knowledgeable people and communities and contribute to projects and environments that have similar values of collaboration, sustainability, and holistic health and living. In return, I can offer:
- an engaged, can-do positive attitude
- all the nutrition knowledge of my freshly polished degree
- all my limited knowledge garnered through recent work aways and a wwoofing experience in South Australia at an organic, biodynamic vineyard (read: excellent four-wheeling skills on steep inclines, only minimal fear of overly large spiders, above average skills at herding chickens with brooms, and the cheerful care of farm animals including horses, goats, pigs and chickens)
- adaptability to people and places from many years traveling/ couch surfing/ living abroad
- work experience in education (English teaching), aged and disability care, and tourism (safari company)- I love working with people and would be happy to help with anything client/tourist facing
- love of dancing (the more ecstatic the better) and being upside down
- interest (and irregular practice) in meditation and spiritual growth and lifestyle practices in general
I'm eager for knowledge, a happy worker, learn skills quickly, and am really just looking to work with good people on projects that promote and value the cultivation of compassionate and environmentally and socially just and sustainable lifestyles.
Digging in the dirt, cooking vegetables, language teaching, laughing at myself, aged and disability care, yoga, sharing poorly reiterated fantastic facts I just heard in a podcast, keen curiosity, and lots of passion about healthy holistic living
Chinese (Mandarin): Intermediate
Special dietary requirements
Plant based, largely vegetarian/vegan diet (depends on where the dairy/eggs are coming from)