THANK YOU for reading my profile.
I am a healthy and energetic person who enjoys experiencing and learning new things. I enjoy very much being with nature and also connecting with people. i have a deep interest in yoga and meditation, love to dance and connect to rhythms especially hand drums, and doing what I can to bring a smile to someone’s life. I have been living and moving around in Asia for the past several years, connecting to my family in Asia, enjoying the lifestyle of exploring new places, learning new things, meeting new people and experiencing the diverse cultures and cuisines.
I can help with gardening and farm work, help in and around the house with cleaning or organizing, vegetarian food prep, reception work and customer service, simple social media postings and answering email. I can also share yoga and meditation.
I try to live a healthy lifestyle, eating healthy, being physically active and living more consciously. I became vegetarian by choice about 10 years ago and loved how I felt.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. Thank you 😊
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
I taught health and physical education, and coached sports at the high school level for several years in Malaysia, then went into nursing where I worked mainly in critical care and utilization management in the US.
I can teach yoga and meditation; trained in India.
I have some basic cooking skills, and can make simple vegetarian dishes with Chinese, Indian, and Italian flavors.
Skills I picked up from volunteering
- Farm work - weeding, digging holes, preparing land for planting, harvesting vegetables and fruits and getting them ready for market. Also had a few weeks experience in an aquaponic farm.
- Kitchen work in vegetarian community kitchen, mainly with prepping.
- Housekeeping : Supervising and teaching bed making skills, preparing rooms for guests
- Teaching English - holding one on one online conversation sessions with English learners
- Inventory taking, sorting and organizing supplies in community clinic/dispensary, medical
- Assisting doctors in free medical camps in India
- Sanding and painting doors
- Laundry : coordination, collecting, sorting
English, Chinese (Hokkien), Malay language
Jackfruit, cat/dog dander in enclosed room
Special dietary requirements
Vegetarian (no eggs or mushroom)