I would like to help you and contribute to the best of my ability to making your project successful. I have good work ethics, responsible, friendly, happy, and easy to get along with.
I have been on the road for several years, mainly in Asia and India, I find that workaway gives me the opportunity to interact on a deeper and more meaningful level with the local people, culture and area.
I also enjoy walks in nature, yoga and meditation, and generally living a healthy lifestyle.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. Thank you 😊
InterestsNatureFitnessYoga / WellnessDancingOutdoor activitiesHikingFarmingGardeningArt & designVegetarian or veganCultureSelf development
Skills and knowledge I'd like to share or learn
I'm interested in:DIY and building projectsGeneral MaintenanceLife at a FarmstayEco ProjectsHospitality/TourismLanguage practiceHelping with Computers/ Internet
Some knowledge of:GardeningBeing an elderly companionHelping around the houseTeaching
More details about your skills
I taught health and physical education, and coached sports at the high school level for several years in Malaysia, then went into nursing where I worked mainly in critical care and utilization management in the US.
I can teach yoga and meditation; received my training in India.
I have some basic vegetarian cooking skills and enjoy cooking.
Skills I picked up from volunteering
- Farm work - weeding, digging holes, preparing beds for planting, harvesting vegetables and fruits and getting them ready for market. Also had a week’s experience in an aquaponic farm in India.
- Reception - registration and collecting payment at front desk of hostel, answering questions.
- Kitchen work in vegetarian community kitchen, mainly with prepping.
- Housekeeping : Supervising and teaching bed making skills, cleaning and preparing rooms for guests, organizing, taking inventory.
- Teaching English - holding one on one online conversation sessions with Thai students
- Inventory taking, sorting and organizing supplies in community clinic/dispensary, medical
- Assisting doctors in free medical camps in India villages
- Sanding and painting doors
- Laundry : coordination, collecting, sorting.
Chinese (Others): Beginner
More details about my language interests
Would be happy to help you with English language. Would like help with learning Spanish
What else ...
What you now affects the next moment
Some more information
Cat/dog dander indoors
Special dietary requirements
with warm hugs.
with warm hugs.
Linda is a warm and gracious host, frequently making