09/08/2020 - 26/03/2021
What brings me happiness ? A beautiful sunrise or a nice chocolate bar (both at the same time and I am fulfilled).
I am Anaïs, from the mountainous French Alps, but my second home is Switzerland where I did my studies.
I am a nice and friendly person, open-minded, who always tries to see the bright side of things. I love meeting new people and exchanging (life is all about sharing and learning from others, isn't it ?). I like travelling in a more immersive and meaningful way, this is why I enjoy volunteering so much, discovering other lifestyles, sharing life stories with my hosts.
I try to enjoy each moment and appreciate the beauty of our amazing planet !
I am keen to learn new skills, especially in gardening and how to grow my own food, which is one of my future projects.
I love gardening, handiwork, taking care of animals, and anything manual and creative.
I am a positive worker, pro-active and I always try to do my best!
I have done a lot of different woofings during my trip, so, quickly, I have some experience in: gardening, ecobuilding, animal care, housekeeping and cooking.
... And less quickly, other experiences/skills good to mention :
• How to plant trees, weed, trim, mow the lawn .. and other garden dirty jobs
• How to sand and varnish windows (and how to paint timber with only eco materials)
• Basics of permaculture (permaculture design course)
• How to build a green sofa made of grass
• How to restore an old axe and an old wardrobe
• How to take care of chickens, horses, dogs, cats and ferrets
• How to make (with love and passion) bread, yogurts, crêpes and a million of other things to eat
• How to play Risk, soccer, do jigsaws, make a salt dough (plasticine) and read children's books (how-to-entertain-kids skills developed with my young nieces and nephew)
• Basics of yoga (which I try to practice regularly)
• Some survival car mechanics (learned for a rallye I did from France to Mongolia)
• Try to achieve a "zero waste" challenge (how to make beeswax food wraps and reuse materials)
• Basics of sailing (would love to learn more!)
• Maths and biology teacher
• Waitress in a cafe and receptionist
• Horse riding for a few years
• Fruit picking and hops farm job
Special dietary requirements
I am vegetarian