From: United States
01/12/2020 - 28/02/2021
My name is Alexander and I am from the big city of Chicago, Illinois. I am 21 years old.
I was born in Guatemala, and adopted by a loving family at 6 months old. Since I can remember, my parents taught me that real education comes from experience and travel. As such, I made the decision to skip college and spend my time building my artist management business, traveling the world and creating lifelong friendships along the way.
I had my first Workaway experience in December of 2018, living down in the Dominican Republic and helping Macao Beach Hostel with their Social Media presence, promotional videos, housekeeping and hospitality/reception. It was there that I fell in love with the workaway experience! Since then I have volunteered in Guatemala and around the United States.
During the day, I work on tour boats on the Chicago River and Lake. I am a Senior Deckhand, or First Mate, meaning I am trained to pilot and command all of our double-deck / 90 foot / 80 ton vessels. By night, I manage an artist by the name of Heffy, as well as consult with various other artists to help them promote and market their music.
I love to be active! I bike to work every day and I am always playing in recreational/pick-up basketball and soccer leagues. I feel at home outside playing in the sun.
-Editor, Street Noise Magazine Chicago
-CEO, Cavalier Artist Management LLC
- Social Media Marketing & Branding
-Website Design, Branding, SEO
- Ad Campaign Management: Facebook (Facebook, Instagram, etc) Ad Campaigns + Google (Google, Youtube, etc) Ad Campaigns
-Expert English Writing, Advertisement & Grammatical assistance
-Fluent in Spanish!!!
- Can drive cars, trucks, boats and pretty much anything with wheels!
- Great with children (worked at a children's summer camp for 4 years)
- Strong & healthy for demanding outdoor jobs
- Great teamwork skills... teamwork makes the dream work!
-Currently working as a first mate on 90 foot, 80 ton double-deck tour boats + Chicago Water Taxis.
- TWIC card holder, CPR & AED Certified.
- Knowledge of vessel engineering & mechanics
-Able to pilot, command and navigate crew on twin-screw (2 engines + 2 propellers) electronic throttle vessels.
- Farmwork: My Uncle owns and cares for a farm in New York State, and I've had the opportunity to help him on multiple occasions! This included feeding the animals, fixing up the property, and bailing hay for the winter.
I am willing to learn anything!
More details about my language interests
This workawayer has indicated that they would be interested in sharing their language(s) or learning a new language. You can contact them directly to discuss this.
The most important things in life to me are positive energy, healthy relationships and a deep understanding of the world and all its creations.
Mold, Grass & Dust
Special dietary requirements