No countries selected
06/10/2020 - 06/12/2020
Hi, my name is Alexander and I'm from Ottawa, Canada. I enjoy running, indoor rock-climbing, reading about psychology, and I've been learning Japanese.
I'm a recent English Language & Literature graduate from the University of British Columbia. I'm interested in health and wellbeing, education, and publishing roles. I'm planning to start a MSc Psychology degree in Scotland in September 2021. I value being mindful of other people, being open to new perspectives, and learning new skills.
- I'm an active person, so I'm happy to help out with manual labour.
- I have experience in tutoring roles. I'd be helpful in language exchange/teaching.
- I can teach beginner Japanese as well as metalearning skills that would be useful for any language learning.
- I have some skills in web design, HTML, and CSS.
- In university, I studied literature, language, classical and modern rhetoric, creative writing, and Japanese language up to the second-year level. I'd be able to help with editorial or communications-related work.
- I have a lot of experience working with kids. I've refereed youth basketball, hosted over 150 birthday parties and Scout sessions at a rock climbing gym in Ottawa, and have tutored English and maths to students in Year 5 and 9.
Special dietary requirements