Italy, United Kingdom
08/07/2020 - 30/11/2020
One thing I can never decide about myself when writing any profile is whether I'm spontaneous or an over-planner...
See, ten years ago when I first had my chance to travel wherever I wanted to, my choice to go to Greece for a summer job seemed spontaneous for everyone in the family (note that I'm from Hungary and grew up in a smaller town).
What my family did not know is that I planned it for months, lamenting about its pros and cons.
This approach of planning and then quickly acting on it is one of the main characteristics I can think of about myself.
In the past years I found that travelling to gain new experiences and travelling for leisure have become a great passion of mine. Something that seems I cannot give up.
I had plans taking form around Nov 2019 that were put to risk due to COVID-19.
First to stay in Italy from Nov 2020 (after the peak season), then to move on to Spain - all for learning languages.
I have been working as a Tour Guide in Budapest for 5 years now, guiding in English. My mandatory college internship (6 months) was spent in Italy around Veneto and I managed to speak Italian well back then.
My goal right now is to revive my Italian knowledge and to be able to guide in Italian when I move back home.
The above part, as you can see from the dates, I have been planning for awhile. This part, where I'm deciding that if the regulations and conditions allow it, I'm on my way to travel sooner than planned, is the impatient part of myself which I prefer to call spontaneity... :)
What drives me towards these goals of travelling and learning languages is the joy of getting to know people.
Something I grew to love as a Tour Guide: it doesn't matter if you are chatting with someone over a coffee or for a few hours during a private walking tour - you get to hear different stories and experiences.
I love talking but this job really taught me to learn and to love active listening as well.
So bottom line: as long as there is some company, people around me and I can feel that I'm useful at my hosts, that will make me happy for sure :)
- Gardening: recently I made a wildlife pond, I cleared out some areas for flowerbeds and before I depart to my hosts I will finish the log pathway at my mom's house.
- General Housekeeping: I would never say I'm a cleaning maniac - I would say that I enjoy tidying up, reorganizing spaces to make it more welcoming inside the house and in the outside spaces as well. I do not mind household chores at all :)
- Pet sitting/Animal Care: I adore all types of animals, and would really love a place where the tasks include taking care animals!
- Language teaching: although Hungarian is my native language, I'm glad to help with English for beginners or hesitant speakers in an informal way as I'm not qualified as a teacher.
- Childcare: I enjoy being around children and I get on really well with them but I don't have any official experience (au pair or teaching) with kids. I can offer a lot of patience, attention and creativity though.
In general, I'm very much open for learning new skills.
If you feel like I did not list something that you are looking for in a Workawayer but you found my introduction, my personality close to what you are looking for, get in touch with me.
I can promise that I'll be honest about things I am capable of doing/learning and also about tasks I'm not the right fit for.
- I love wood works: carpentry, carvings
- I have been driving for 12 years now, I absolute love it. Amateur admirer of old timer cars
- Anything connected to Tourism is a passion for me, so count me in!
- Interested in any kind of eco-projects
- No experience in building but I learn fast and also interested in renovations in general
Special dietary requirements