From: United Kingdom
No countries selected
24/04/2019 - 10/04/2020
Hey I'm Ashleigh, a Scottish girl passionate about animal welfare and interested in nature, reading, hiking and learning. And I looove card and board games. I am just home from a years trip where I visited South America (Peru, Ecuador and Colombia) and Africa (Kenya and South Africa). I have now returned to work in Scotland but would like to continue to find animal welfare voluntary opportunities when I have time off using my work holiday entitlement.
I am very adaptable and eager to learn and try just about anything – especially anything involving helping animals in need. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. I have so much to learn and so much dedication and commitment to give. I want to improve myself by learning new things and giving something back.
Training/teaching - my last 3 jobs in Scotland have involved me training and teaching other people how to use technology. My most recent job involves teaching both adults and children.
Plus cleaning, general house keeping, reception work, bar work. I am a very adaptable person and try hard at everything passed my way.
During my travels in 2019/20 I volunteered at:
* Esperanza Canina in Huanchaco, Perú - a dog shelter for 7 weeks (24/04/19 - 13/06/19)
* La Isla De Los Monos near Iquitos, Perú - a monkey sanctuary in the Amazon jungle for 10 days where I cared for the animals and educated visitors about them and their mistreatment (01/08/19 - 11/08/19) - not via Workaway
* Chakapita retreat near Vilcabamba, Ecuador - a retreat where I looked after the shamans dogs for over a week whilst he was away on holiday (21/08/19 - 01/09/19)
* The Waterfalls Permaculture Farm in San Agustín, Colombia - a permaculture farm where I did a variety of jobs such as planting seeds, weeding, building a WordPress website, cooking, cleaning etc for 3 weeks (25/09/19 - 15/10/19)
* Juliana's Animal Sanctuary in Chia, Colombia - a sanctuary for many different kinds of animals. The work involves cleaning, food prepping and feeding, playing, grooming etc for 1 month (12/11/19 - 13/12/19) - not via Workaway
* Ebenezer Academy in Kenya, Africa - a school in a rural poor area in Kenya which aims to provide education to all children in the area. Work involved teaching, teaching assistant, fundraising, typing up exams, socialising with the children (25/01/20 - 20/02/20)
* Greyton Farm Animal Sanctuary, South Africa - a sanctuary with mostly farm and some domestic animals. I stayed for 7 weeks. Work involved feeding and medication, food prep, checking on animals and of course lots of cuddles and belly rubs (23/02/20 - 10/04/20)
Special dietary requirements