Favourited 133 times
Hi, I am a New Zealander with a passion for permaculture. We have set up a Permaculture Center in Mizque, Bolivia to implement and demonstrate natural systems and methods. The farm is situated 15 minutes walk from the plaza principal to the authentic city Mizque so you can interact and experience a strongly Quechua culture. There are plenty of natural attractions to experience in your free time also. Personally, I enjoy yoga, mountain biking, swimming in the rivers and some canyoning the trails are excellent.
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
We are formally a member of the community syndicato and well known in the wider communities within Mizque. Volunteers can participate and interact with neighbors, local schools food production and be introduced to contacts in community-based on their interests. We promise a very authentic experience in a beautiful location.
We have implemented and uses many techniques to promote organic and water efficient cultivation methods.
- An adapted bokashi compost system for farm scale production. There will be some daily handling of this giving you the opportunity to learn this important system.
- Water harvesting and watering - using drip, sprinkler, swale and traditional flood irrigation.
- Experimental gardens including instant (no dig), tractor asssisted larger and herb spirals etc
- Greenhouse work to reproduce and germinate plants
- Planting trees / food forrest
- General maintanence around the land
- Participation in the local syndicato community working days
- help with writing and social media
- assistance for when workshops are being held.
Private cabana. Shared bathroom. Access to the kitchen. Bed and Breakfast included for 4 hours work per day. There is a full kitchen with many herbs and spices to get creative in. We usually contribute a bit each for a weeks shopping and cook lunch and dinner together. Mizque has a bounty of local fresh ingredients at very low cost especially for vegetarians.
It's 15 minutes walk to the centre. There are many hiking trails, canyoning, rappel, river swim locations, Incan ruins and cave paintings. Great mountain biking (bikes available for hire). Farm visits. School visits. Internet is available by using an Entel sim card (cost 25bs) and buying data pacquetes (cheapest is 10bs for the month). The local intern school has baking, sewing and gardening classes in which volunteers may participate upon arrangement. There are also community events and neighbors which are always interested in knowledge exchanges especially revolving around food.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week (breakfast provided))
Accuracy of profile: