Favourited 189 times
Hi, I am a New Zealander with a passion for permaculture. We have set up a Permaculture Center in Mizque, Bolivia to implement and demonstrate natural systems and methods. The farm is situated 15 minutes walk from the plaza principal to the authentic city Mizque, set in a productive valley with a temperate climate. You can interact and experience a strongly Quechua culture. There are plenty of natural attractions to experience in your free time also. Personally, I personally enjoy yoga, mountain biking, swimming in the rivers and some canyoning the trails are excellent. We are particularly looking for experienced gardeners, designers, artists, woodworkers and tradesmen in general, or any other person with a special talent that is open to sharing with others. We are also open to facilitating workshops in Cochabamba and in Mizque. E.g. dancing, meditation, alternative healing, cooking. If that says "me" to you then please send me a line.
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
We are formally a member of the community syndicato and well known in the wider communities within Mizque. Volunteers can participate and interact with neighbors, local schools food production and be introduced to contacts in community-based on their interests. We promise a very authentic experience in a beautiful location.
We have implemented and uses many techniques to promote organic and water-efficient cultivation methods.
- An adapted bokashi compost system for farm-scale production. There will be some daily handling of this giving you the opportunity to learn this important system.
- Water harvesting and watering - using drip, sprinkler, swale and traditional flood irrigation.
- Experimental gardens including instant (no-dig), tractor assisted larger and herb spirals etc
- Greenhouse work to reproduce and germinate plants
- Planting trees / food forrest
- General maintenance around the land
- Participation in the local syndicato community working days
- help with writing and social media
- assistance for when workshops are being held.
- feeding the growing list of animals including dog (Rocky), ducks and chickens.
Private cabana. Shared bathroom. Access to the kitchen. Bed and Breakfast included for 4 hours work per day. There is a full kitchen with many herbs and spices to get creative in. We usually contribute a bit each for a weeks shopping and cook lunch and dinner together. Mizque has a bounty of local fresh ingredients at very low cost especially for vegetarians.
It's 15 minutes walk to the center. There are many hiking trails, canyoning, rappel, river swim locations, Incan ruins and cave paintings. Great mountain biking (bikes available for hire). Farm visits. School visits. Internet is available by using an Entel sim card (cost 25bs which includes 1200MB data) and buying data paquetes (cheapest is 10bs for the month). The local intern school has baking, sewing and gardening classes in which volunteers may participate upon arrangement. There are also community events and neighbors which are always interested in knowledge exchanges especially revolving around food.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week (breakfast provided))
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: