This is a beautiful smaller (3.25 hectare) countryside section ready with space to start organic vegetable gardens and restore some fruit trees below the house with organic methods. Help maintaining a beautiful large older house would also be appreciated. The property is not far from the first land sighted by Captain Cook when he arrived in New Zealand in 1769. Fruit trees include a small number of citrus, plum, apple, pear, feijoa, ginkgo and avocado trees. The family also has a commercial orchard managed by a neighbor, but this does not use organic methods.
DIY and building projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
While English is the language of work, multiple languages are spoken in the household, which truly enjoys cultural exchange in a beautiful country environment.
We would love some help with gardening and house renovations. Expand an organic vegetable garden and restore some fruit trees with organic methods. Help maintaining a beautiful large older house would also be appreciated.
Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent
You will have a room in a large house.
- 22 km (20-25 minutes drive) south of downtown Gisborne.
- 15 minutes to the outskirts of Gisborne.
- 38 km (30-35 minutes drive) north of Morere Hot Springs.
- 8 minutes to Brown's Beach
- 7 minutes to Muriwai Beach
- 20 minutes to Waikanae Beach
- 28 minutes to Eastwoodhill Arboretum regarded as the largest and most comprehensive collection of Northern Hemisphere trees south of the equator
- 40 minutes to Rere Falls
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week