*️️*️️*️️*️️Update post-hurricane Maria*️️*️️*️️*️️
The place got badly damaged. We are working in rebuilding the project to further enhance the experience our guests. Your help will go a long way on this mission as you become a building block of the Rodney's Wellness brand. Please kindly note that the work is hard -be prepared -but the atmosphere remains as relaxed and friendly as it used to be !
If you want to provide a financial help, you can check the crowdfunding campain in our website
We are a wellness retreat and accommodation/tour company located in Soufriere, a village in the south of Dominica, the Nature Island of the Caribbean (yes, the one where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed!).
We're only a short hike away from the Soufriere Sulphur Springs where you can enjoy hot natural baths. You can snorkel and dive at Scotts Head, as well as immerse yourself in Bubble baths in Soufriere. For hikers the Tete Morne Mountain Ranges and the first and second segments of the Waitukubuli National Trail (WNT) are a few minutes away.
Soufriere is an excellent base for discovering the south and middle parts of the Island - local buses are easily accessible. You can also take a bus to the buzzing capital, Roseau, and the popular Mero beach.
Our Retreat consists of a large botanical garden where we offer tent and hard- cover accommodation, restaurant/bar services and tours to natural hot springs, including Mayan Bath close by. We have many different plants, herbs, vegetables, flowers and fruits growing in our garden - here you can help yourself to fresh coconuts, mangoes, cocoa fruit...
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Help is required mostly in gardening landscaping, handiworks, maintenance and housekeeping. From mid-march :
Because of the situation, the working hours are more flexible. We kindly ask you to be able to take initiatives in your delivery.
- Help with marketing, promotion and social media is highly appreciated - preferably someone with experience.
- Would also like help from a webmaster who can improve our website (Joomla)
- During you stay, you might also give a hand welcoming guests and showing them around the garden
We offer flexibility in terms of work. 2/3 days off depending on the working schedule.
Accomodation is available in tents only(with bedding inside). Currently qe dont have electricity (and no internet), it should be back in April at latest. Meanwhile we have a generator that we turn on when needed.
Unfortunately we cannot provide meals as usual - the restaurant is currently in rebuilding phase. Yiu will have to take care for your meals. However the kitchen will be stocked with start-up food items (coffee, cereals...)
We offer two types of accommodation:
- Either camping in our serene, beautiful gardens in spacious tents with comfortable air mattresses where you'll fall asleep to the sound of crickets (there are indoor- and outdoor bathrooms and showers (the outdoor showers have mango trees surrounding them, so you can easily grab a mango while showering). Relax in the hammock, Watch the hummingbirds - and try our local KANAWA rum punch, it's legendary!)
- We also have an apartment in the heart of Soufriere, with living room and kitchen, a double bed and bathroom. Sit on your veranda and sip a Kubuli, our local beer, after work.
You're responsible for your breakfast and we provide lunch and dinner in our restaurant while you are at work (when you're off duty you are responsible for your meals) We also have a BBQ grill and coal pot if you want to cook up something.
Once a month we arrange a karaoke night in the garden.
We will make you feel at home.
Great diving and snorkelling is only a 20 min walk to Scott's Head (we have snorkelling gear for you), and the famous Champagne Reef with its bubbly water is just a hike away.
On the weekend - do some bar hopping among the rum bars along the bay front.
We seek volunteers who love nature - come enjoy with us and get to know Dominica!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours a day, 5 days a week