Favourited 182 times
We are Liv (40), Thomas (45) and Odin (3 years old).
We live on a small, 300 years old farm in south east Norway outside Rena village by the Glomma river. The farm has been more or less in-active for more than 40 years and we have now been working about 3 years to reestablish it as an active self sustained farm, based on regenerative permaculture practices and principals. Our project is to become fully self sustained and to live a life in co-creation with nature. Today we have some pigs, sheep and lambs, hens and chickens. We have also got some bee hives summer 2020. Thomas work full time on the farm. Liv run our outdoor guide company but are home most of the time becouse of the restrictions coused by Covid-19.
This season (2021), we will be focusing on these projects:
* Establishing a market garden style production system in our vegetable field
* Continue working on a forest garden and of course farming our vegetable field.
* Different construction work
All this in addition to the daily and seasonal routines on a farm like caring for the animals, securing winter feed, kitchen work, maintenance, construction work and much more.
Your main tasks will be to establish and maintain the vegetable field and caring for the animals. Thomas will mainly be focusing on other daily and seasonal tasks and different construction projects and you will be asked to help on these.
We manly looking for workawayers that would like a long stay. Preferably from April-May to September-October.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
This is a good way to learn practical skills and harvest experience in organic/regenerative agriculture and sustainable living. Back to basic in a moderne world and find out wether this is a lifestyle for you. We gladly share our knowledge and experience but also look very much forward to learning from your knowledge, ideas and experiences.
Establishing and running a lo-tech, self sustained farm involves a wide variety of tasks. We need someone who are versatile and practical, like physical work and can take part in many types of tasks, like tending to plants and soil, construction work, picking berries and mushrooms, caring for animals, harvesting vegetables, conservation of the produce. Independently or together with us. Previous skills are preferable.
A long stay will give you a great variation of tasks to learn and do.
Accommodation on the farm:
* Cosy log cabin on the farm finished in 2020. With solar electrisity and an comfy outdoor toilet and shower.
* Cosy log cabin on the farm from about 1850 with basic standards and outdoor toilet. Shower is shared with the other log cabin.
* An old cosy timber house from about 1850 with running water, a kitchen and a bathroom. The house is about 6 kilometers away from the farm. If you have your own car you can use it or we will have a car available to travel to and from the farm. The house is Livs mothers holiday home and she has the first priority to use it. When she is using it you will stay in one of the cabins on the farm.
There are no wifi in the cabins for your information.
Much of the food is produced on the farm or harvested in the outdoors.
You will eat breakfast in your cabin. Lunch we eat together on the farm. Dinners will be eaten together on the farm or you will make it in your cabin.
On your time off you can go fishing for grayling, trout, pike, whitefish or perch in the Glomma river just next to the farm for free. We have camping equipment and equipment for hiking, biking and canoeing for you to use.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We have good space for workawayers travelling in campervans.
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: