Our humanitarian organization is highly engaged by the poor rural communities’ side by defending and promoting the child’s, youth’s and women’s rights. We assist rural communities by providing support and services in such areas as education, health, and the environment, as well as helping community development projects like farming, training youth in vocational skills and organizing women groups to integrate them in economic activities. We enable volunteers through motivation, encouragement, and support to initiate and implement projects for communities in need.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We are dedicated to assisting communities and improving the lives of marginalized in need through charitable and volunteer work. There are many ways you can help make a difference that will positively impact not only the lives of others, but yours as well.
We provide opportunities for those who are committed to taking up a voluntary project in Togo while learning the cultural dynamics of our society. Below is a list of available volunteering opportunities;
Orphanages/ Child Care Centers
Education / Teaching
Conservation and Environment
Water, Sanitation and Waste Management.
HIV/ AIDS awareness Creation.
Train youth in vocational skills, organizing rural women in economic generating activities
1.) Education : Teaching (school year is September - Jun)
Volunteers with teaching experience in various subject areas are needed to help in teaching the children both in the care centre (at nursery, kindergarten) and in the classrooms (primary or junior high school) based on the persons experience or choice. This would help them stay off the streets and be utilizing the spare opportunity to develop their reading and writing skills all together. Most of the children would be taught even after school.
The volunteer may decide to teach any of the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Basic Science, creative arts, physical education, social studies, and Basic computer studies (ICT), Poems & Rhymes for kindergarten, Alphabets & basic maths for kindergarten etc. Volunteers may choose to teach language of their country or games from their country especially for primary school.
The duties of the Teacher will include:
- Support other teachers in teaching other subjects to the children.
- Writing Lesson notes for various subjects and marking of Class room and Homework exercises.
- marking of class register daily, writing class reports to the headmaster of school assigned, writing project report to our team at the end of every month and creating a blog online to show progress of your work at school placed
- conduct quiz for the class taught by the volunteer, marking of quiz papers,
- In some cases, involve one-on-one tutoring of some special kids.
2.) Health: HIV/AIDS and Malaria Campaigners
Our team needs the services of a HIV/AIDS counselor, Instructor, and volunteers who have previous experience in health care to assist them in their education of the people of HIV/AIDS and reduce the social stigma behind this Global epidemic. Also, not forgetting the mortality
the volunteer Instructor's role will be more practical and technical, involving training peer educators of some schools and rural deprived communities where this awareness campaign could further be disseminated.
The work of the Instructor will include:
- Preparing teaching materials for the public and also your peer educators
- Travel to schools and public centre's to educate all and sundry
- If Possible make slides or Posters to make the education more lively
- Conducting research and completing all necessary paperwork in relation to the above tasks
3.) Women Development: Women development officer
Our team requires volunteers help in the aspect of Women's Development. This Officer will help plan, develop and implement programs that are consistent with the mission of Women's development in the community. This volunteer will work to foster the community-building agenda of Women's Development.
The work of the Women's Development Officer will include:
- Work with us and other volunteers, solicit and steward relationships with other partners/donors to support women efforts
- Plans with us various campaign events and other activities, including Families with Young children
- Implements leadership programs to enhance Women's Development efforts.
- Works to develop programs that advance the project of enhancing Women's development in the community.
- Organizing rural women into groups and train them in vocational skills
4) Volunteer for Library work
Volunteer with prior experience in library or not, and a motivated person is required to develop junior high school student's reading and understanding skills. Most of the students would be taught even in the library.
The volunteer will also teach any of the following subjects: Mathematics, Basic Science, Poems, and will prepare students for participating to reading competitions.
The duties of the Volunteer will include:
- Support other teachers in teaching literature and science or other subjects to the students.
- Help in reading and understanding of books and marking of Homework exercises.
- marking of library register daily, writing reports to the Host NGO and to the headmaster of school assigned, writing project report to our team at the end of every month and creating a blog online to show progress of your work at school placed
- conduct quiz for the library taught by the volunteer, marking of quiz papers,
- teach informatic in the library
Volunteers would be given certificates/recommendation after volunteer period if they want.
Please Volunteers must be in good health conditions.Furthermore basic French is essential to interact with the local teachers and with someone of the staff
NB/ Language practise : volunteers who want to learn or improve French language are also welcomed.
We provide Airport pick-up for all volunteers even in the night.
We are a nonprofit charity organization and don’t have the intention to charge volunteers but we shall ask them to assist us with with a little contribution of an amount of 4 Euros per day to cater for their food.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
In developing countries (Where most hosts are involved in charity work or community development) some of our hosts may ask for a small donation to help the host family or charity (often less then 5 dollars per day) Workaway will allow this listing when the donation goes directly to the family or charity and is just to cover the cost of the volunteer‘s stay. (This will be clearly marked on the host listing).
We will strictly not allow listings posted by agents, “middle men” or projects who we feel are looking to profit from a volunteers stay.