Favourited 124 times
The project aims at helping farmers to mitigate and adapt to climate change using sustainable agroforestry and alternative marketing strategies, while raising environmental awareness and promoting green energy.
Our project is based in Madanapalle, South India. As agriculture is the main economic activity in this semi-arid region which is strongly impacted by global climate change, we focus on promoting alternative agricultural and sustainability practices. However sustainable development cannot be guaranteed by compiling the best solutions and practices alone. It must be accepted and held up by the locals who are the ones to implement the changes in the region through long-term management. Therefore, close engagement with local small-scale farmers and building the community’s knowledge by environmental education are vital. Lastly, to add more values to the primary agriculture commodities, empower farmers with fair trade benefits and self-sustain the project, we also work on green business entrepreneurship.
In other words, we are a group of individuals working together with the Indian NGO ‘Movement for Rural Emancipation'
We are setting up a demonstration farm for sustainable agriculture and environmental education. A place for schools, individuals and volunteers who are interested in sustainable agriculture and environmental protection.We are also supporting and engaging with small scale farmers in the villages around to change from conventional to sustainable agricultural practices like Agroforestry.
The farm is located in a beautiful area, with mountains around and we even have a small swimming pool on the site. We do have a cat and a dog as well as two cows :)
Help with Eco project
- free food and accommodation
- working in an international team
- working with the local community
- learn about local culture, visit temples etc.
- free internet access
- learn a lot about sustainable farming, climate change and environmental protection
- lots of fun
- day trips can be arranged, but have to be paid for by everyone who wants to join (only actual expenses like bus tickets, etc)
You don't need to be an expert, but you should be interested in one of the areas below. At the moment, there is lots of farmwork and construction work to be done, so anyone who doesn't mind physical work is highly welcome :-)
- artist for upcycling project
- mechanics/civil engineers
- agricultural scientists/permaculture specialists
- landscape architects
- green business entrepreneurs/marketing specialists
- natural cosmetics & food processing entrepreneurs
- environmental educators/teachers
- architects with an interest in eco friendly buildings
- people interested in manual work and general volunteers
English, German, Telugu
Shared dormitory in an old school building in a very rural area on the farm. Breakfast, lunch, tea, snack and dinner will be made by our amazing chef! All food served is vegetarian.
We are located in Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh, India. The closest airport is Bangalore.
To make an actual impact, a minimum stay of 3 weeks is recommended. However, if you do want to visit us for a shorter time period, it’s also possible.
Please be aware that this is a very rural area, so respecting the local community, you will have to follow certain guidelines regarding clothes, alcohol and smoking.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 a day, 5 days a week