We are a social enterprise based in a rural Guatemalan community on the Pacific coast. We sell products (bracelets, t-shirts, beach bags, yoga bags etc) and are about to get our tours in the national park (mangrove, turtle and salt farm tour, cooking class, bracelet making class and homestay) back up and running after the pandemic. Through the products and tours we are able to create employment opportunities in the community. We invest all profits in our education and projects and employ local staff. Since 2012, we have built a library, a secondary school, a computer lab and an organic garden. Through the library, we are able to reinforce children's reading and writing skills as well as give workshops about environmental sustainability, recycling etc.
Help with Computers/ Internet
- living in El Paredon, a beautiful coastal community situated in a national park.
- working with a cross-cultural team
- practice or improve Spanish/English language skills
- learning about community and sustainable development or tourism
- learning about local customs and traditions.
We look for volunteers with the following experiences or backgrounds:
-TOURISM (manage and receive tourists in our shop, be a tour guide on our tours)
- SALES AND MARKETING (help with keeping track of stock, inventory, orders. Develop and strengthen marketing strategy)
- business administration (depending on the time of the year, help manage volunteer groups and whatever else needs doing)
- management consultancy
- FUNDRAISING (help us with grant writing, set up regular donations, crowdfunding)
- communications (photography, videography, social media)
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER/ COMMUNICATION EXPERT
**We are urgently looking for confident bilingual Spanish/English speaking volunteers who have good attention to detail and people skills to get our tours back and running after the pandemic.
Basic shared accommodation and lunches.
What to do on your days off:
- swimming in the river or ocean
- fishing in the mangroves
- paddle boarding in the mangroves
- learn to make local food
- visit turtle feeding ground and salt farm
- the turtle season is from August until December (for laying and hatching of the eggs)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
5 days/ week, 5hrs per day