We are Guest House from Kyoto's historical Shimabara district.
Guest House team consists of young and humorous people who enjoy working with international guests and share their favorite spots of the city with them to give our guests a great experience in Kyoto.
Takuji and Onur started renovating the 90 years old house in January 2017 and opened in July 2017.
This is a great space to be yourself and meet similar minded, easy going and funny co-workers and guests from all over the world.
If you have any questions please contact us !
【PLEASE DON'T APPLY 】
if you are coming on a tourist visa or cannot stay for more than 6 weeks.
We have to decline your applications for these cases, and both you and we can save some time and energy:)
Help in the house
You will gain experience in working in customer service in a popular guesthouse in Kyoto.
You will also be able to meet people from all over the world and expand your cultural understandings.
Plenty of free time to visit Kyoto's temples, shrines and secret spots :)
This host offers accommodation and payment.
We are looking for new members to join our team!!
If you are able to have a daily conversation both in English and Japanese (as long as you are friendly and willing to learn, your level of Japanese won't be a problem), have knowledge about Kyoto ( we can help you out with that), are open-minded, friendly and like to meet people from all over the world, please join our team!
■ Number of work days
10 shifts per month (17-19 hours per week)
■ Working hours
from 21:00 to 13:00 / 13:30
(from 23:00 to 8:00 you can sleep in the staff room)
■ Main contents of duties:
1) from 21:00 to 23:00
- Assisting guests (since our check in time ends at 21:00, you do not have to do the check ins usually)
- Keeping the common areas clean and tidy
- Turn off the lights, lock the entrance door at 23:00
2) from 8:00 to13:00 / 13:30
- Morning duties (open the counter, check the common areas, put bread and jam on the counter for breakfast etc)
- Assist guests & Check out
- Cleaning & Bed making
■ We provide:
- One bed in the dorm and electricity, gas and water used at the guest house.
- Free breakfast (Of course you can have it even when you are not in a shift if you don't get bored of having the same thing)
- Free bike rental (We only have 3 bikes and they can not be available if guests reserve them)
- Free laundry service (Please note that when it is very busy and have a lot of laundry, we can not finish yours on the same day)
- 910yen per hour (Further details will be discussed when we invite you for a video interview)
– Anyone who is on working holiday visa or student visa with working permission.
– Basic ~ Conversational Japanese (as long as you are friendly and willing to learn, your level of Japanese won't be a problem)
– Fluency in English.
◾︎Minimum Requirement of Stay
– 6 weeks
* We usually accept those who can stay longer.
If you have any questions please let us know!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
English, Japanese, German, Turkish
One bed in the staff room (4 people)
You can use your free time to travel around Japan!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
17 - 19 hours per week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: